North Star 240° is the secondary provision of North Star Academy Trust based in North Bristol, specialising in supporting pupils experiencing Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) difficulties. We aim to be part of a joined-up provision offering our pupils the outstanding education they deserve.
We are looking for an experienced and successful English teacher who has the ability to teach across all key stages but predominantly KS4. Ideally with a background within an SEMH school. Like us, you will be passionate about safeguarding, deeply committed to releasing potential, and determined to make a difference every day.
You will bring our innovative curriculum to life as you maintain good order and discipline, engage pupils with SEN, and stimulate children of all abilities to reach their full potential. We will give you real scope to develop the social, emotional and cultural aspects of our pupils’ learning, and encourage you to set clear targets for both behaviour and academic achievement. This means you will enjoy plenty of autonomy and wide-ranging opportunities to shape the way we work.
Salary is Main pay scale M1 £25,714 - M6 £36,961 + SEN Allowance
We are looking for a teacher with:
- Good Knowledge of SEN Code of Practice, in particular SEMH education
- Experience with the use of assessment data and implementing strategies for raising achievement of pupils with SEMH
- Commitment to working collaboratively as part of a team to actively promote inclusion and ensure the safeguarding of all pupils
- Experience of managing HLTAs and/or LSA's in the classroom
You will be part of:
- An exciting and innovative development of an All-through learning community
- A dedicated team of staff who strive for excellence
- A caring and inclusive ethos
- A school which has supportive Trustees and Parents with high expectations of the school
In return, we offer a competitive salary, pension, a supportive team, training and development and the potential for career progression to the right person.
Please refer to the job description and employee specification attached.
Closing date 5th July 2021
Interviews will be held on week commencing 12th July 2021
The Trust Board are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share in this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
North Star Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.