Thank you for taking an interest in joining us as a English Teacher. We are looking to appoint an exceptional teacher to join our team from January 2022; NQTs with strong subject knowledge are also encouraged to apply.
This is an extremely exciting time to join the English Department. We are looking to appoint an outstanding classroom practitioner to join our team as we seek to be one of the fastest improving departments in the country.
At Holmleigh Park we see our teachers as subject experts and professionals, and with disruption-free classrooms, our staff are free to focus on high-quality teaching. Our pedagogy is based on Rosenshine’s principles of instruction, with a focus on retrieval, direct instruction, and deliberate practice.
The main duties and responsibilities of this post include:
• Teaching English up to Key Stage 5
• Playing a central role in the English department, contributing to department meetings, revision sessions and extra-curricular activities
• Working collaboratively with colleagues in the English Department and across the Greenshaw Learning Trust to plan lessons which ensure outstanding progress for all students
• Adhering to the school’s principles of teaching, learning and assessment
• Fully engaging in the Developmental Drop In (DDI) process by being receptive to both giving and receiving feedback, and working with colleagues from across the trust
• Promoting high levels of literacy
• Undertaking the role of form tutor by leading a group in our Tutor Time Reading Programme
• Setting the highest standards and behavioural expectations in lessons and around the school
• Committing to and supporting the school’s policy and practice in relation to safeguarding and child protection
• Undertaking such other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably requested by the Director of English or the Senior Leadership Team, in accordance with the relevant Pay and Conditions document.
Holmleigh Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in line with the DfE guidelines “Safeguarding Children: Safer Recruitment and Selection in Education Settings”.
The school will adhere to the following guidelines:
1. All new staff will be subject to a criminal background check through the Disclosure & Barring Service. This will be an enhanced check for those whose duties include caring for, training or supervising children.
2. All posts at Holmleigh Park High School require an acceptance of the responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
3. The selection procedure for all posts will include a consideration of the applicant’s suitability to work with children as well as the post.
4. All applicants must submit a signed application form. This is taken as verification that all statements are true and that the applicant is not in any way disqualified from working with children eg on List 99.
5. Posts at Holmleigh Park High School are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act of 1974, and if necessary a declaration must be made on the application form.
6. The school will seek references on all short listed candidates prior to interview, and may approach previous employers for information to verify experience or qualifications prior to interviews.
7. Referees should be someone who has had a working or professional relationship with the candidate, and should not be a friend or relative.
8. Referees will be asked about disciplinary offences relating to children including any in which the penalty is time expired, and whether the applicant has been the subject of any child protection concerns and the outcome of that procedure.