We are looking to recruit an English Teacher to join Ysgol Bro Pedr on a Permanent, full-time basis.
We welcome applications by enthusiastic and energetic individuals for the post of English teacher at Ysgol Bro Pedr, Lampeter, Ceredigion. Ysgol Bro Pedr is a successful 3-19 School that was judged good in all aspects in the recent ESTYN inspection (October 2016).
On a day to day basis you will:
• To implement and support the aims of the School.
• To support the implementation of the School Development Plan.
• To work towards high standards in teaching and learning.
• To actively maintain order and positive behaviour.
• To support the implementation of School Policies.
• To maintain practices which ensure the highest standard of pastoral care.
• To attend meetings as and when required.
• To undertake duties of a form teacher, responsible to a Head of Year/Key Stage.
• To liaise with parents/guardians where appropriate.
• To actively seek opportunities for personal development.
• To undertake such activities as can be reasonably expected by the Headteacher.
We are looking to recruit an individual:
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to demonstrate confidence and commitment
• Ability to inspire adults, students and young people to engage in life-long learning
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team
• Resourcefulness and creativity
• Reliability and integrity
• Good personal organization
• Good attendance and punctuality
A successful applicant without the required Welsh language skill will be fully supported to reach the desired standard within two years of appointment.
In exchange for your skills and commitment, we will offer you a range of employee benefits including a generous pension contribution scheme. More information about our wide-range of employee benefits can be found here. In addition, we are committed to developing our people and will not only provide support to enable you to quickly and confidently take ownership of this role’s key areas of responsibility but in addition, we are committed to supporting your development in order that you can progress your career with us.
Job Description and Person Specification
Please contact the school’s Headteacher, Mrs Jane Wyn, if you would like to discuss this opportunity further and to receive a copy of the job description and person specification.
The ability to work through the medium of Welsh is desirable but not essential for this post.
Interviews will be held: 13/12/2021
Note: We reserve the right to amend the application closing date.
Ysgol Bro Pedr is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.