Pimlico Academy has an exciting opportunity available for a talented English Teacher from September 2022. You will be joining an established and knowledgeable English department and, working closely with the Curriculum Centre, you will have access to outstanding resources designed to enhance students’ learning experience, ensuring consistently high standards of teaching and learning across key stages.
Future Academies holds English Literature and English Language at the heart of all we do, with a keen focus on grammar; this is a fantastic opportunity to work with like-minded, gifted English Teachers. Backed by our talented Curriculum Centre, brimming with expertise and knowledge, you will teach to an exceptional standard, amongst exceptional teachers.
WHO YOU ARE
You will have the ability to inspire young people, instilling a love of English both as an academic subject and applying it to the world around them. You will be a tireless advocate for your subject and forward thinking in your approaches to development, change and improvement; we are developing an academic culture where the highest standards are expected of staff and students in line with the Future Academies belief system.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- A strong academic record with a 2:1 degree or above from a leading university in your subject area
- Great passion for your subject with high cultural literacy to deliver sophisticated lessons and continue to raise teaching standards within English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ambition and determination we expect from all of our staff to continue striving for excellence
- The enthusiasm and energy required to work with the children and young people in our schools
- An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives, as per our trust’s motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education). We expect all teachers to share in, and feel empowered by, this concept.
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• The Curriculum Centre. We enhance our teachers’ lessons and their teaching experience through the development of our own curriculum programmes and resources in our prestigious Curriculum Centre, leaving our teachers to focus on what really matters; the students.
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the post of English Teacher at Pimlico Academy, please click on “Fast Apply” to complete an online application form.
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date.
Pimlico Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end both an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a Barred List check are required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.