MPS/UPR (Outer London)
Full time, MATERNITY COVER
Required from January 2021, or earlier by arrangement
We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed teacher of English who has the knowledge and love of their subject to inspire students in a school where a ‘Love of Learning’ is evident in every student interaction.
The temporary post offers a wonderful opportunity to inspire our highly motivated, articulate and diligent student body. The school greatly values the contribution that the study of English brings to its curriculum offer and to the all-round development of the students, helping them flourish as global citizens.
The English department’s philosophy, policy and practice is learner-centred and literature-based, with the emphasis on developing conceptual understanding of the ways in which meanings are created in texts, delivered through flexible learning strategies and encouraging self-motivated learning.
Newly qualified teachers are very welcome to apply - we support the development of new teachers through an excellent NQT training programme and the English department is very supportive in its approach.
Candidates suitable for the role will:
• be confident in teaching English language and literature up to and including GCSE to high achieving students
• be an excellent classroom practitioner, who is prepared to engage with evidence based research in their teaching
• contribute to an extensive and thriving extracurricular programme
• have the ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
We can offer:
• the opportunity to join a highly successful English department with a wide range of experience and expertise
• a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra curricular activities flourish and teachers are encouraged to introduce new and innovative activities
• a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
• a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively supported
• a two week October half term
• numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further information about our school please see our web site. Please note that CV’s will not be accepted.
The school reserves the right to interview before the closing date, so early applications are encouraged.
Closing date: 9am Monday 5 October
Interview: Friday 9 October
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.