Repton School Dubai is seeking an outstanding English Teacher with IB/A Level experience to commence in August 2020
About Repton School Dubai
Repton School in Dubai has been consistently rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Dubai education authority (KHDA) placing us in the top 1% of schools in the country. We have close links to our sister school, Repton UK in Derbyshire which allows our students to benefit from an international education based on the British independent system.
Repton has state-of-the-art facilities and is situated on a spectacular campus of 1.3million sq. ft, making it the largest school in the region. There are currently around 1800 students attending the school from the age of 3 to 18. In addition, 50 weekly and full time boarding students are supported by a dedicated team of house staff, making Repton a world class educational community in every sense.
The English department provides opportunities for all students to achieve their potential through differentiated programmes of study. At Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 classes are set by ability. At IGSCE the vast majority of our students sit Edexcel’s English Language and English Literature qualifications with a small number of the cohort entered for English as a Second Language. At Key Stage 5, we offer the I.B.D.P. in English Language and Literature and English Literature, each at both standard and higher levels. As a team, we are proud of our students’ exam successes.
The newly appointed member of the Department would share our high expectations and believe in facilitating progress for every student.
We endeavour to promote a culture within the School that encourages reading and aims to foster a lifelong love for literature, through academic and extra-curricular approaches, supporting initiatives such as the Repton Poet Laureate, Repton Creative Writing Magazine (a joint venture with our Junior School), Debating Society, Roald Dahl Day and World Book Day. We are also heavily involved with the annual Emirates Literature Festival with students entering national reading and short story writing competitions as well as participating in poetry slams and attending author workshops. Other enrichment opportunities offered by the Department have included participating in the U.A.E. Spelling Bee, theatre visits and an I.B. English residential in Ras Al Khaimah.
The successful applicant will join an experienced team of subject specialists. The Department has ten modern, well-equipped classrooms, most featuring Apple TV’s and interactive whiteboards. The School also has a large, well-provisioned library and several ICT labs available for lessons.
We particularly welcome applications from candidates looking to either continue or begin a boarding school career.
Additionally, experience in coaching sport to a high standard (especially football, cricket, and netball) would be an advantage and should be made clear on your application
Successful candidates will:
- Hold Bachelors in Education plus PGCE with appropriate specialism, or Bachelors in subject relevant to teaching specialism
- Have minimum 2 years post qualification experience
- Have experience teaching in a UK setting or renowned British Curriculum / IB international school
- Have the ability to innovate, excite and inspire children and colleagues
- Have a willingness to embrace new methods of teaching, particularly using Apple technology as we move towards Apple Distinguished School Status
- Be at least 25 years old
In return we offer:
- Competitive basic pay based on completed years of experience
- Professional development opportunities, where many of our staff secure promoted posts within our group of schools
- Generous leave entitlements
- Annual flight ticket, accommodation provided, and world class medical and healthcare benefits (subject to status)
- Tuition fee remission in Repton School Dubai for up to two dependent children
The Repton Family of Schools is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years.