Repton School Dubai is seeking an outstanding Teacher of English (IB/IGCSE) with experience of EAL to commence in August 2019.
About Repton School Dubai
Repton Dubai is a prominent international school in the heart of Dubai and one of only a handful of schools in Dubai to boast an Outstanding rating from the Dubai Schools Inspection Board since 2014. One of the few genuinely international schools in the Gulf Region, Repton Dubai combines the reputation and academic rigour of the UK curriculum, from infants and junior school through to IGCSE level in Year 11, and then embraces the challenges and opportunities of the International Diploma or IB in the Sixth Form.
Set in the largest, most spectacular school campus in the Middle-East, and almost uniquely in Dubai offering a dynamic boarding experience in addition to day school, Repton pupils from ages 3-18 benefit from facilities, resources and a classroom and sporting experience that is the envy of their peers.
Our mission is to promote excellence in every area of a child's and student's life at school, within and outside the classroom.
Please click here to view the candidate pack for Repton School Dubai
About the Department
The MFL department is a dynamic, friendly and mutually-supportive department which takes pride in its excellent results. The successful applicant will join an experienced team of hardworking subject specialists, who engage and motivate students to strive for their best, are passionate about international education, always meet deadlines and have a good sense of humour. Housed in a dedicated corridor, all MFL teachers enjoy dedicated language classrooms, all of which are well-equipped, featuring Apple TVs, interactive whiteboards, as well as a language lab and 22 iPads available for lessons.
In return we offer
- Basic pay between 11000 - 18000 (AED) monthly based on completed years of experience
- Generous leave entitlements and annual flight allowance
- Accommodation provided in popular residential areas
- World class medical & healthcare benefits
- Tuition fee remission in Foremarke or Repton School for candidates with dependents as per policy
Please note, the requirements below are not aspirational. We cannot obtain a license from the local regulator for candidates not meeting the qualifications criteria. We require:
- Qualified Teacher Status; and
- EITHER - Bachelors of Education with PGCE or Masters and relevant experience teaching this subject specialism;
- OR - Bachelors in subject relevant to teaching specialism plus PGCE / Masters in Education.
- Have experience teaching at Key Stage 4 & 5 in a school with an outstanding track record
- Have minimum 2 years post qualification experience
- Have experience teaching in a UK setting or renowned British Curriculum / IB international school
- Be at least 25 years old