Hourly Part Time Tutors – Various daytime, evening and weekend hours available £27.54 per hour required in the following area:
English Tutors – to Start September
We are looking for experienced and qualified English tutors, to deliver across all levels from Entry Level Functional Skills to GCSE, to a range of adult learners (19+) from in and around London. You will be responsible for providing teaching, learning and assessments across our English provision with opportunities to support learners and develop your skills across the service.
You will be responsible for delivering all elements of the program, providing support and guidance to the learners, ensuring they are challenged, complete their work in a timely manner and are exam ready at the end of their program of studies.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Designing resources for and delivering to our adult learners, in line with awarding body requirements, within your designated program area, which could be entry level 2 Functional Skills through to GCSE
• Supporting the curriculum initial advice and guidance process for prospective learners, to ensure we have the right candidates on the right courses
• Carrying out continuous diagnostic assessments as part of the learners journey
• Tracking learners progress through timely and accurate reporting
• Liaising with the basic skills curriculum team to ensure quality is maintained
• Ensuring all documentation i.e. Individual Learning Plans, portfolios, exam registrations and tracking etc. are completed in a timely fashion and to a satisfactory level and in a timely fashion
• Hold a recognised teaching qualification for the lifelong learning sector, preferably CTLLS, PGCE or equivalent
• An up-to-date CPD record (30 hours year)
• A minimum of GCSE English at grade 4 (C) or above
Please quote reference number ED/WAES/864
The closing date for this post is 9am Monday 8 July. However applications will be considered as soon as possible and suitable candidates shortlisted as soon as they are submitted. Interviews for this post will take place2nd – 6th September (or earlier).
To apply for this post, please visit our website.
Westminster Adult Education Service is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.