Salary: £18,354 - £20,055 pro rota
Contract: Temporary, 22.5 hours per week
Location: Ashley Down
What will you be doing?
City of Bristol College are looking to appoint an enthusiastic person to manage applications, arrange interviews, carry out assessments and enrolments of ESOL students. You will oversee, deliver and support students through effective initial and diagnostic assessments. The role is 22.5 hours per week and based at our Ashley Down centre, with some travel to other sites. You will be a confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with Colleagues, Students and Stakeholders both internally and externally.
Please see the Job Description for more details about the role.
What you’ll be responsible for/what we are looking for:
• To communicate with potential students through appropriate methods and approaches to enable their entry into the College
• To run enrolment and assessment sessions for new students: discussing course options, completing explaining enrolment, eligibility and payment information
• To liaise with the Learning Organisers and Facilitators and Managers on all sites to maintain up to date knowledge of the curriculum offer
• To ensure students receive impartial and current advice which meets their personal, developmental and educational needs
What we offer
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.1 %
- As well as a range of staff support packages. Click here to see the full list of staff benefits.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level.
We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the college can be found here.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found here.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: Sunday 1st November 2020 (Midnight)
Interview date: Tuesday 10th November 2020
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.