Outstanding Facilities – Outstanding Opportunities
The Orbital South Colleges Group, which consists of East Surrey College (Redhill) and John Ruskin College (Croydon), is committed to achieving excellence for all our students. Inspirational teaching and the dedication of all our staff supports the continuing growth of our student success. We are seeking dynamic, skilled and highly motivated individuals to join our team to work in an exciting and diverse learning environment.
We are currently seeking a ESOL Lecturer to join our friendly and professional team.
Location: John Ruskin College (Croydon)
Salary: £24,071 - £34,282 (Subject to qualifications, skills and experience)
Contract Type: Permanent
The successful candidates key responsibilities will be:
1. Preparation and delivery of lessons and courses; assessment, recording and reporting on assessments of students.
2. Acting as group and personal tutor; delivery of tutorial programme; guidance to members of tutor group; supporting and participating in curriculum development; accurate maintenance of registers; preparation of tutor reports.
3. Working as part of a team to quality assure qualification delivery and develop Schemes of Work and associated resources
4. Consultation and reporting with parents and colleagues as needed.
5. Attendance at staff, department, team meetings and parents’ consultation meetings.
6. Participation in examination arrangements including invigilation.
7. Participation in learner admissions, learner trips and visits, enrichment and guidance of learners.
8. Participation in marketing and promotional events.
• A recognised teaching qualification in a closely related subject
• Degree in a closely related subject or equivalent professional qualification at level 4 or above
• Maths & English GCSE / Level 2 equivalent
• Equality & Diversity Level 2 (or willing to obtain)
• Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults Level 2 (or willing to obtain)
If this sounds like you and you will enjoy working in a friendly, fast paced, changing environment we would love to hear from you. In return, we offer a competitive salary, as well as staff benefits such a choice of two excellent pension schemes, free onsite parking and access to our fully equipped gym along with discounted in house Spa and Salon treatments.
For full further information on this vacancy and to apply (or to see all other roles we are recruiting for), please visit our jobs page or contact the Human Resources department on 0208-651-1131
Orbital South Colleges Group are committed to Equal Opportunities, encouraging applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population. We are also committed to PREVENT and Safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Both College Campus’ are smoke-free zones.
As part of our pre-employment checks, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS, references will be taken and evidence of all qualifications and awards will also be required before commencement of employment. Failure to do so may lead to offers being withdrawn.
John Ruskin College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.