St Joseph’s Specialist Trust is seeking a proactive and committed General Assistant (Maintenance) to join our Estates and Facilities team and carry out a range of maintenance tasks to ensure that our beautiful 23 acre site and buildings are safe and well maintained.
We are a registered charitable trust comprising a special school, college, children’s home and adult supported living houses. Our students are age 5-19 with severe and complex social communication and learning disabilities and some challenging behaviour.
You will work 40 hours a week within the hours of 2pm – 10pm Monday to Friday (likely 9.30pm finish on a Friday) with a half hour unpaid break each day. Own transport is desirable due to our semi-rural location on the edge of Cranleigh, Surrey
The role includes:
• Carrying out a range of maintenance tasks, internal and external, to ensure the repair and upkeep of our buildings.
• Responding to reactive maintenance requests that require urgent attention as well as daily maintenance, safety and compliance checks including fire alarms and lighting.
• Carrying out a range of plant maintenance (mechanical & electrical) tasks, including heating and water systems.
• Carrying out repairs to fixtures, fittings and decorating, basic plumbing and dealing with blockages.
• Assisting in maintaining and checking the outdoor swimming pool.
• Assisting in ordering materials and control of storage areas.
• Assisting in the safety and security of our site and buildings.
• Dealing with contractors working on site in accordance with procedures.
Why St Joseph’s?
• Generous pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• 33 days paid holiday per year (including statutory holidays)
• Comprehensive 5 day induction programme
• Employee assistance service (confidential, professional wellbeing and counselling 24/7 service)
• Local leisure centre discount on gym, swim and fitness classes
If you are recruited, you will be required to complete Team Teach positive behaviour support training as part of your induction before employment.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Tuesday 29th September 2020.
St Joseph’s Specialist Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This position requires an enhanced DBS disclosure