Up to £12,259 per annum
25 hours a week – 7am to 1pm daily.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to join our friendly Facilities team. Working within an extremely knowledgeable team you will be committed to carrying out all duties to a high level of professionalism, communicating and responding to internal stakeholders requests generated through the Estates helpdesk. You will have a can-do attitude, committed to taking on tasks such as driving between multiple sites, lifting and moving equipment and ensuring general maintance around the College campus providing support to the Head of Estates and Estates Coordinator.
We are incredibly excited to have recently merged and now be New College, Swindon. It’s a great time to join us!
In this role, you will:
· Ensure the security, smooth running and cleanliness of the College campus
· Open and close the College as instructed during term and holiday periods
· Act as a responder to any cross college situations including fire management
· Support the college by being reactive to any requests from the helpdesk to ensure smoothly running of the College
· Be part of the call out rota, being on call out for 1 week (including weekends) on a 7 week rota
Qualifications and Experience required:
· Level 2 English and Maths (or equivalent)
· Clean, current driving license
About Swindon College
Our top priority currently is the wellbeing of our community. We are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are continuing to follow the latest Government advice.
We will undertake an initial screening interview with you to help explain the role, our two main campus sites and to assess your potential fit.
· Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
· Competitive annual leave allowance
· Wellbeing and Lifestyle support including access to our market leading Employee Benefits Platform,
· On-site parking and subsidised restaurants, Costa & Starbucks!
Closing date: 9th October 2020
An Application Form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Both Swindon College and New College, Swindon are committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. This will continue as we merge. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment. This role is likely to involve some working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Swindon College is committed to the advancement of Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly), the elimination of discrimination and the safeguarding and welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications from all sections of the community