We are looking for Exam Invigilators to join our team. This role is to ensure that the examinations run smoothly, with the best possible experience provided for our students, whilst ensuring that the examination board regulations are observed at all times.
The exam season covers six weeks in May and June, with opportunities to support internal examinations at other times of the year. The work is paid on an hourly basis and you would be required for a mixture of morning, afternoon and all day sessions. Candidates should be able to commit themselves to working sessions throughout the examination period.
£9.50 per hour, hourly claiming basis
A successful candidate would work with the Exams Officer to ensure that
• The exam hall is set up correctly, according to exam regulations, and papers distributed correctly
• The students are seated in accordance with the seating plan
• The correct exam procedures are adhered to at all times
• Invigilators are vigilant and observe students sitting the exam to ensure they are not communicating or disrupting others
• After the examination, all papers are collated correctly for return to the examinations office
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who are:
• Reliable, punctual and hard-working
• Professional and well-organised
• Good communicators
• Calm, with common sense, and pay attention to detail
• Available to work flexible hours
• Willing to apply for a DBS
• Previous experience would be an advantage, but not essential, as full training will be provided
For further information and details of how to apply, please visit our website. Should you wish to visit the school prior to completing your application you will be warmly welcomed. Please telephone the school or email us if you would like to arrange a visit.
Deadline for application is:
Midday, Friday 22nd March 2019
Interviews to take place:
w/c 25th March 2019
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Only fully completed application forms received by the stated deadline for applications will be accepted as valid applications. CV’s will not be accepted as applications. No recruitment agencies please.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful appointments are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.