Swindon Academy are looking for flexible individuals to support school during examinations. You will be employed on a casual and ongoing basis at the school to supervise all types of exams including GCSE's throughout the year.
We are looking for exceptional people who can:
- supervise exams throughout the year,
- will be able to work in sessions - 8:20-13:05 or 13:35-15:40, or a full day from 8:20 to 15:40,
- have a high level of attention to detail, and the ability to relate to and communicate clearly with young people,
- be able to hold yourself with an air of authority and remain calm.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- show the desire and passion to make a real difference to the lives and outcome of our students,
- demonstrate excellent organisational and inter-personal skills,
- contribute to a team,
- be accurate in both verbal and written communication,
- be flexible in your availability particularly in peak times.
Please note due to the nature of the role we will need to obtain a DBS for you which will have to be clear.
Swindon Academy is part of United Learning, a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group, we can reward our staff better: with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits, and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning), and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
Swindon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.