Would you like to join us on our journey to become an outstanding school of first choice at the heart of our local community? Do you care enough to want to make a significant difference to the lives of our amazing students? If so, we would love to offer you the exciting opportunity to join our highly dedicated staff team as our new Examinations Officer.
We are seeking to appoint a highly efficient, enthusiastic and well-organised individual to manage the administration of both external and internal examinations within the academy and to organise our annual GCSE Presentation Evening.
This is a diverse and challenging role involving high levels of planning to ensure the accurate delivery of each exam session and provision to meet the needs and entitlements of all our students as well as efficient management of a team of invigilators. Specifically, you will be involved in supporting:
• The examinations process including timetables, invigilation arrangements, room preparation, exam start times and absenteeism
• Examinations activities and problem-solving associated with examinations
The successful candidate will need to be:
• highly efficient and organised with strong attention to detail
• have the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines and have a ‘can do’ attitude to problem solving
• possess good team working skills and the ability to work effectively in a busy office environment
• demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in a calm and professional manner with staff, students and parents
• confident and proficient with IT with ability to quickly and accurately record information
Working times: The hours of the post average 37 hours per week during term time. Due to the nature of the work and scheduling of exams, some weeks will be busier than others. Therefore, it is envisaged that the post holder will work flexibly during the weeks when there are no exams. This will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
We are a rapidly improving school, as recognised by Ofsted in November 2018, with good leadership and management and an excellent behaviour policy. In our school students are ready to learn. We pride ourselves on being an ‘academy of opportunity’ for all with excellent relationships between staff and students. As a member of staff you will be highly valued and will be supported to flourish within the academy. will need to be:
For the past 3 years our examination results have improved in all areas, however, we still have a way to go to achieve our ambitious targets. Every member of staff receives high quality continuing professional development to enable them to fulfil their roles effectively. We are committed to challenging, supporting and developing staff and students to ‘Aspire to Greatness’ so that we become the best that we can be. In a recent survey 98% of staff said they were proud to be a member of staff at The Dorcan Academy with 93% stating that they enjoy working here. (N.B. 5% did not answer the question!) 100% said that they support the vision of the academy.
Although we don’t boast a shiny new building, we do have excellent facilities, with a supportive, friendly school culture and ethos which is often commented upon by visitors.
We will offer you:
• A supportive and bespoke staff induction programme
• Access to high quality professional development
• Unrivalled support from the leadership team
• Excellent specialist facilities and resources
• Committed staff who ‘go the extra mile’
• Motivated, enthusiastic students who are ready and eager to learn
• Cycle to work scheme
The Dorcan Academy is a popular 11-16 school with an exciting and enriching curriculum, and a myriad of learning experiences. We are located on the eastern edge of Swindon, within easy reach of the scenic Cotswolds and nearby Bath, Bristol and Oxford. We are an inclusive, caring school with friendly staff with high expectations of ourselves; and students have a positive attitude to learning. The school prides itself on challenging, supporting and developing staff and students, so that we are the best we can be.
Closing Date: Friday 5th July 2019
Hours: 37 hours per week plus 2 weeks
Salary: NJC from £21,589 to £24,313 full time equivalent
Start Date: 2 September 2019 or sooner
Full time. Average 37 hours per week over 5 days. Term time plus 10 additional days during the school holidays to meet the needs of the school, including GCSE results days during August.
The Dorcan Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.