Casual £8.75 per hour
| (Plus holiday pay) | 1 x Lead Exam Invigilator – Casual £12.00 per hour (Plus holiday pay)
Are you looking for casual work in a rewarding environment? Would you like to support students to reach their potential? We are currently looking for exam invigilators to support our students and staff during our busy exams period.
At Hamilton Academy all students, teachers and staff share a common vision to make a positive difference to ourselves, to others and to the world. We encourage all members of our learning community to respect their surroundings and we take collective responsibility to make Hamilton Academy and the wider community a better place.
The successful candidates will work under the direction of the Exams Administrator to ensure the smooth running of the examination environment, providing an appropriate working atmosphere for all candidates and ensuring all externally set examination regulations are fulfilled.
We are recruiting exam invigilators and 1 lead exam invigilator please indicate on your application form which post you are applying for. Please note full training will be provided.
Main duties include:
- Preparing the examination room to ensure the layout meets exam body requirements and that candidates have the correct papers.
- Ensuring the correct identification of all candidates on the exams register under the direction of the Exams Manager.
- Maintaining exam conditions at all times throughout examination and supervising candidates, ensuring efficient time keeping is maintained.
- Awareness of all procedures and examination body regulations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have good working knowledge and experience of exam procedures.
- Be a team player
- Have a high level of interpersonal skills to communicate with colleagues and students, particularly where difficult situations may arise.
- The ability to manage and communicate with large groups of students, encouraging their positive social interaction and good behaviour.
- The ability to use their own initiative and carry out tasks without supervision.
- An organised and structured approach to work with the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
An informal chat or visit is welcomed. Please contact the school office and speak to Stephanie Devereux (details below) to arrange. Further information about the academy, our vision and values can be found on our website.
Closing date: 24th February 2019
Hamilton Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process is followed for each candidate. This will include an enhanced DBS check (formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure).
We are committed to equality of opportunity and actively encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.