POST TITLE: Exams Invigilator
GRADE: Hourly Paid
REPORTS TO: Examinational Operational Lead
‘Come questioning, go seeking, grow’
To support the examinations in upholding the integrity of the external examination and assessment process by ensuring that examinations are conducted according to the Joint Council for Qualifications’ (JCQ) instructions and guidelines.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Maintaining the security of the examination question papers
• Ensuring all candidates have an equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities.
• Conducting examinations in accordance with examination board regulations
• Facilitating access arrangements for candidates, for example as a reader, scribe etc. (full training will be provided)
• Ensuring the security of examinations before, during and after the exam, preventing possible candidate malpractice and administrative failures.
• Other exams-related administrative tasks
• Report to and be briefed by the exams officer prior to each exam session
• Keep confidential exam papers and materials secure before, during and after exams
• Ensure exam rooms are set out according to the instructions
• Admit candidates into exam rooms
• Identify, seat, and instruct candidates in the conduct of their exams
• Distribute the correct exam papers and materials to candidates
• Deal with candidate queries
• Supervise and observe candidates at all times and be vigilant throughout exams
• Keep disruption in exam rooms to a minimum
• Deal with emergencies or irregularities effectively
• Record/report any incidents, disruption or irregularities
• Complete attendance registers
• Deal with candidate questions according to the regulations
• Instruct candidates in finishing their exams and to collect exam scripts
• Dismiss candidates from the exam room
• Check candidates’ names on scripts match the details on the attendance register
• Securely return all exam scripts and exam materials to the exams officer
• To identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the College’s Strategic Plan.
• To ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements as specified by the College and that may be identified during College processes, for example Appraisal.
• To participate in the College Appraisal Scheme.
• To maintain awareness of the requirements of the College Health and Safety Policy and to be responsible for ensuring that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Health and Safety Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read and apply the College Safeguarding and Prevent procedures and to ensure that the duties and responsibilities detailed in the College Safeguarding Policy and Prevent Duty Policy are adhered to and carried out.
• To read the College Single Equality Scheme and to act in accordance with statutory obligations under the equality duties and in compliance with current Equality and Diversity legislation.
• To ensure adherence to the College Data Protection Policy.
• To work to the College quality standards and systems within the context of the College quality systems.
• To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are appropriate to this level of post, including any reasonable request made by Head of Faculty or Senior Leadership Team.
Skills and Characteristics
• Experience of working as an Exams Invigilator in a School or College environment
• Knowledge of educational examinations procedures
• The ability to communicate effectively with students and staff
• Strong administration skills
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Tenure of post: Term Time Only, Part Time, Temporary contract
Salary: £9.10 per hour
The Henley College is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The Henley College is committed to
safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
The Henley College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.