Salary: Grade 9, £21,589 - £24,799 FTE (£18,962.78 per annum, rising to £21,782.29 per annum through annual increments
Hours: Annualised hours (1,480 per academic year), 40 weeks per year
As the post-holder will experience peaks and troughs in workload dependent on the examination season and other factors, flexibility is required with hours, to fit the needs of the role and Academy. Core hours are 37 per week.
Winterbourne Academy are looking to appoint an Exams Officer/Admin Assistant, to support the Data & Exams Lead in the smooth running of exams.
The post-holder will provide support to the Data & Exams Lead, to manage and prepare internal and external examinations and manage a team of invigilators to ensure the Academy meets JCQ rules and regulations. They will also assist with day-to-day examination procedures and administration.
This is a permanent annualised hours contract, with a work schedule allocated by the Data & Exams Manager. The post-holder will be required to work 40 weeks per year (term time only), plus an additional 10 days (to include results days and days leading up to and after results days). Due to the nature of the role flexibility in relation to specific working pattern will be required. During periods of public exams you will be required to work longer hours, this is balanced out by working shorter working hours at quieter periods. During exam periods the post-holder may need to start work at 7am to prepare for the day/week ahead.
What we are looking for in our successful Exams Officer/Admin Assistant:
- Excellent administrative and ICT skills
- Self-motivated and has a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Takes personal responsibility and pride in quality of work and demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all written work and routine tasks
- Ability to interact and communicate well with staff, parents and students
- Ability to prioritise busy workloads and work effectively under pressure
- Calm and approachable
- Ability to solve problems, make good judgement and highlight issues
- Ability to demonstrate confidentiality, integrity and discretion
- Experience of working with a complex database and systems
- Knowledge of school examination process (desirable)
- Has previous experience as an Exams Officer (desirable)
Please download the job description and person specification for further information about the role.
What we Offer:
• An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
• Collaborative working within our shared family of Academies
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Onsite parking
• Employee benefits such as cycle scheme and discounted gym membership
• Fantastic facilities
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates for vacant posts, staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
The Academy is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an OAT Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. More information about Winterbourne Academy can be found on our website along with an application form, or telephone the academy.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's.
Closing Date: Sunday, 6th October 2019
Interview Date: TBC