Executive Assistant - Curriculum and Higher Education
Salary: £29,436 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract Details: Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since we have merged with Swindon College to become one College. Also, with the up-and-coming development of the successful 20M bid of the Institute of Technology, opening in 2022, which will be an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships and training for key technical roles, it’s a really great time to be joining us. These exciting changes will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff.
About the role:
Are you an experienced, well organised and driven individual who has experience in providing professional and confidential support to senior managers then we have the ideal job for you.
In this faced paced role you will manage all communication for the DP Curriculum and Quality, VP HE and Curriculum and Managing Director IoT. You will work alongside the other EA’s and provide assistance when required. As part of your role you will also line manage the Team Assistants.
What we can offer you:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set through our extensive CPD programme. You will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to a number of great benefits some of are listed below:
• Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme
• Excellent Pension scheme
• Generous Holiday Allowance
• Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
• Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
Therefore, if you are looking for exciting career opportunities and to work in an expanding, dynamic and successful College, who values their staff, you have come to the right place.
In this role, you will:
• Keep all informed of staff and student thoughts and ideas through maintaining effective networks with the student and staff bodies (formal and informal).
• Be the first point of contact for both staff and external bodies, making decisions where appropriate
• Be responsible for their email accounts, to ensure GDPR compliance and all matters are dealt with appropriately.
• Maintain an effective filing system and ensure all committee papers are ready in good time and presented to a high standard.
• Organise, attend and minute internal meetings as required.
Qualifications and experience required:
• Minimum Level 3 qualification in Business Administration or other relevant qualification.
• Minimum of Level 2 qualification in Maths and English.
• Relevant unit or module of MOS IT qualification (or prepared to gain within 12 months).
• Able to set up and manage databases and be proficient in using advanced spreadsheet functions.
• Experience of managing and producing correspondence sensitively and in a timely manner.
For further information, please refer to the job description.
How to apply:
For a full list of our current opportunities go to our Career Page and click apply! If you know of friends or family who would be interested in coming to work for us please feel free to share with them and if you need more information please contact our HR team. We look forward to hearing from you!
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Please note that this vacancy may close before the published closing date if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this vacancy, please do apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 17th March 2021
Our very top priority is your wellbeing and that of our community. Please be assured that we are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and continuing to follow the latest Government advice and to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, further information will be provided if you are invited to an interview.
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.