Executive Assistant to the Principal
Temporary maternity cover post - required to start ASAP
Term time plus 4 weeks (by negotiation with the Principal)
37 hours per week (8.00 am – 4.00 pm Mon – Thurs and 8.00 am – 3.30 pm Friday)
Sir Jonathan North is an outstanding learning community based in the outskirts of Leicester City. Our uniqueness is as a result of being the only multi faith girls’ school in Leicester; our diverse cohort of students is reflective of the city as a whole. Our excellent outcomes have led to Sir Jonathan North becoming a National Support School and Teaching School and more recently, achieving the World Class Schools Quality Mark. We are looking for an Executive Assistant who will provide an effective and comprehensive Personal Assistant and administration service to the Principal.
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent and proven administrative skills
- Ability to manage workload effectively in a high pressured and fast paced environment
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy
- Substantial experience of using Microsoft Office packages, including MS Word and Excel and other relevant systems e.g. Macbooks
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and delegate as required
- Professional approach with the ability to respect confidentiality
- Excellent communication and listening skills and able to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and students
How to Apply:
1. Complete the Application Form
2. Letter of application addressed to Rose Angus, Principal, outlining your skills, abilities and experience which will help you in successfully undertaking the role, and what your priorities would be in the first 12 weeks if appointed. You should also make reference to the requirements of the person specification. This should be a maximum of two sides of A4.
Application forms and letter of application should be submitted either to Sarah Hayward via eTeach.
Closing date: Friday 28th February 2020
All posts are subject to DBS clearance. All staff are responsible for the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children.
Sir Jonathan North Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.