Executive Headteacher for Draycott & Rodney Stoke CE VA First School and Shipham CE VC First School required for January 2020
Group 1 ISR L10 – L16
NOR Draycott & Rodney Stoke 73 NOR Shipham 59
NOR Pre School 18 NOR Pre School 35
Draycott & Rodney Stoke and Shipham First Schools are village schools that form part of the Mendip Edge Federation with Cheddar First School and Fairlands Middle School. Both schools are situated on the southern slopes of the Mendip Hills which is an area of outstanding natural beauty in Somerset. Their core values are happy, purposeful learning, where the outcomes for pupils are aspirational.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, collaborative and innovative professional to take responsibility for both schools and to continue to build on their successes.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
• The ability to provide outstanding leadership of our valued teams and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• The skills to lead and develop a lively and exciting learning environment
• An understanding and values to develop the strong Christian ethos of our schools
• The commitment to nurture each child’s individuality through the continued development of our broad and creative curriculum
We can offer you:
• Enthusiastic, well behaved pupils who engage positively with their learning
• Dedicated whole school teams who are passionate about children’s learning and well being
• The support, commitment and challenge of our Governing Body, parents and local Church community
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of the children and families in the local communities.
Mendip Edge Federation is an equal opportunities employer, is committed to safeguarding and to promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all our staff to share this commitment and any appointment will be subject to a successful DBS check in accordance with the organisation’s recruitment policy.
Closing Date for applications: 9 September 2019
Interview Dates: 19 and 20 September 2019
Mendip Edge Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.