Required for September 2022
Leadership Pay Spine Points L29-L35
(£85,441 - £97,996)
The new 3-16 Roman Catholic Voluntary Aided School for Merthyr Tydfil has come about from the amalgamation of three primary schools within the County Borough - St. Aloysius, St. Mary’s and St. Illtyd’s as well as Bishop Hedley High School. Children will also transfer to the secondary phase of the new school from St. Margaret’s, Aberdare, St. Josephs, Tredegar, All Saints, Ebbw Vale and St. Mary's (Brynmawr). The new school will open in September 2022 on the current school sites before moving to a purpose build 21st Century School Building within 2 years. The Temporary Governing Body is seeking to appoint an exceptional Headteacher to lead a Catholic community which strives to uphold strong spiritual and moral values and to help pupils achieve their full potential.
Staff across all schools who will come together under the one umbrella are professional, dedicated and highly motivated; parents are supportive; and the learners are hardworking and co-operative.
The new school, being the first Catholic 3-16 school in South Wales will offer unique challenges and exciting opportunities as the new Curriculum for Wales comes to fruition. The Headteacher, together with the permanent Governing Body will have a key role in creating the vision for this new school and ultimately delivering on that vision.
Applications will be welcome from committed, practising Catholics who have: -
• a strong and inclusive personal faith that will encourage everybody in the school community to live out the ethos of the Catholic faith whilst recognising that many learners in the school are from non-Catholic families.
• a significant and successful experience as a head teacher or deputy head teacher with a commitment to partnership working with learners, staff and parents.
• a real desire to develop the school as an exciting community which will offer a wide range of opportunities for all children and young people to thrive.
• the ability to inspire and ensure exceptional teaching and learning for all learners.
• the vision, energy, interpersonal skills and integrity to inspire commitment and enthusiasm from all members of the school community.
• experience of managing change, creating new teams and driving forward a culture of inclusivity and excellence.
Merthyr Tydfil LA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.