Location: St Leonard’s CE Primary Academy (East Swindon, Blunsdon area) and Kingfisher CE Academy (Wichelstowe, Swindon - on opening in 2020/21)
Are you looking for an Executive Headship to stretch, challenge and inspire you, where you will feel supported and can flourish? If so, come and lead our team at St Leonard’s CE Primary Academy and grow our brand-new partner school Kingfisher CE Academy.
We seek a dynamic senior leader, who is passionate about ensuring that each pupil fulfils their unique potential, and has a commitment to the whole school community. You will work closely and collaboratively with the other DBAT Principals, the Central Support Services Team, and external partners to build a Centre of Excellence. You will be absolutely vital in further developing the ethos, excellent standards of teaching and learning, and a culture where everyone is highly valued and encouraged to achieve their potential.
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, highly innovative and dynamic leader who:
• Has an excellent record of successful and impactful leadership
• will understand and promote the Christian values and principles of the Academy (currently rated Outstanding by SIAMS)
• is resilient and flexible
• leads and energises the school community by example
• promotes achieving outstanding outcomes and rapid progress through excellent standards of teaching and learning; and through a thorough knowledge of how children learn;
• demonstrates exceptional inter-personal skills;
• collaborates effectively with others and is outward-looking;
• is highly organised, self-motivated and innovative;
You will have a clear educational vision that you can share with the Local Board (of Governors), staff, pupils and all our partners. You will be well supported in your own career and contribute to the future development of the Trust. You need to have proven leadership skills and be ready to lead a complex but exciting school development. You will develop your leadership abilities further with the school and within the Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust, taking advantage of a professional development community that shares practice, commits to mutual support and provides enhanced career opportunities through partnerships with other DBAT schools in diverse urban and rural contexts.
We are excited to offer you:
• children who are enthusiastic about their learning, highly creative and diverse in background
• the opportunity to make this school the best it has ever been and highly sought after
• A dedicated and enthusiastic staff team, focussed on building an outstanding learning community;
• The opportunity to found and develop a new school from St Leonard’s CE Primary Academy
• a supportive and challenging Local Board, and Multi-Academy Trust that will value and develop you as part of our family of academies, locally and regionally;
• a strong Christian ethos that is values led where all children and staff can flourish.
If you believe you have the skills, expertise and drive to develop our schools and our partnership we hope that you will apply to lead us on the next phase of our journey.
Closing date for applications: 3pm on Friday 20th September, 2019
Interview dates: To be confirmed
The Diocese of Bristol and Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is eligible for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for which you be required to apply if successful.