The Barnsley & Leeds Primary Partnership is an established learning community within Wellspring, under the Executive Leadership of Sam Bailey. As a partnership, we are committed to utilising our scale across five schools to ensure equality of opportunity for 1800 children and 200 staff members within our network. This is an exciting opportunity to take a lead strategic role within the partnership to secure further rapid improvement and a sustainable school system for the future. The role should be of particular interest to candidates who aspire to the role of Executive Principal within 2 years.
Reporting to the Executive Principal, the Executive Vice Principal will work alongside a range of senior leaders in our academies to drive improvements in the quality of leadership and create a magical school experience for every child. Based in Leeds, the role will provide outstanding professional development for the successful candidate, with opportunities to develop strategic thinking and the ability to work across multiple sites.
This role would suit an ambitious and confident professional who has prior experience in Headship and is looking to develop their Executive Leadership. Developing others is a key aspect of the role, and a candidate with a proven track record of successful leadership development and experience in securing school improvement is essential, with experience in securing school improvement beyond your school context also desirable. A desire to foster strong working relationships and nurture a professional team is key to our thriving partnership, and imperative to our ongoing commitment to offer high quality education to all of our children.
You will be:
- a willing learner with the integrity and humility to learn alongside others
- a compelling leader who can win the hearts and minds of the staff team through your own enthusiasm, competence and calm and supportive leadership
- ambitious and aspirational for staff and children alike
- committed to your own professional development, career pathway and wellbeing
• Work with a portfolio of academies and professionals within Leeds and Barnsley
• Plan strategically alongside and provide regular status updates to the Executive Principal
• Work alongside Heads of School, Assistant / Associate Principals and SENCOs to strengthen the Quality of Education
• Coach, mentor, support, guide and challenge to develop a strong leadership team,
• Create a culture of aspiration, developing a leadership pipeline to assure sustainable, high-quality leadership is a feature of the academies
• Take a lead role in Curriculum Implementation, establishing disseminated subject leadership to enable the curriculum to thrive
• Design and manage innovative and sustainable means to create professional networks at all levels
• Take a lead role in raising standards, developing effective assessment leadership and practice across the academies
• Contribute to recruitment and retention activity, methods and practices
• Lead professional development practice through a variety of means
• Undertake all duties commensurate with the post, as directed by the Executive Principal
Standard duties in all Trust job descriptions
• Show a commitment to diversity, equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices
• Show a commitment to ensuring that children and young people learn in a safe environment
• Participate in relevant and appropriate training and development as required
Method of Working
The Wellspring Academy Trust expects all staff to work effectively and co-operatively as part of a team, delivering high quality support. This requires dealing with people politely and tactfully, and in accordance with Trust guidelines, policies and procedures. Wellspring Team members are expected to respect confidentiality and safeguarding practices at all times.
Considerable importance is attached to the public relations aspect of our work. Members of the Team must project a positive image of the Trust at all times and through all activity.
The Wellspring Academy Trust takes its duty to safeguard the young people with which it works seriously.
All Wellspring Team Members are required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Any Queries please call Tina Connolly on 0113-2482449
Closing date is Noon Friday 12th March 2021
Shortlisting date is Monday 15th march 2021
Interview date is Friday 19th March 2021
Ebor Gardens Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.