An exciting opportunity for an experienced Learning Assistant to join our growing Ofsted rated 'Good' Primary School.
Lime Tree Primary school opened in September 2013 and, since opening, we have a lot of achievements to celebrate.
The children, staff, parents and governors have all embraced the mission statement that is summarised in the strap line ‘Learning Together to Achieve Success’.
We are located in a brand new, purpose built school in Merstham where the blank page that we started with is now taking shape, with our ethos and values underpinning our day to day organisation as well as the overall strategic direction that the school is taking to move forward and grow year on year.
As an academy within GLF Schools, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources, and support in every aspect of school life from learning and teaching to staffing and educational expertise.
We are now looking for an experienced Learning Assistant to join us on our journey.
The successful candidate should have experience in working in a Key Stage 2 classroom and will work alongside and support the Class Teacher, making effective use of resources in order to achieve the highest standards of learning and achievement for all children.
The role will also include supporting the school improvement plan led by the Headteacher, whilst promoting the well-being of staff and children in the school.
Working hours: 36 per week, 39 weeks a year.
Pro Rata Salary: £14,063- £17,027.
This is based on a FTE salary range of £16,497 - £19,974
We can offer:
• Friendly and supportive staff team
• The opportunity to grow and develop within a growing and expanding school
• Good on the job training opportunities
• The opportunity to support children in accessing an engaging curriculum
• Enhance maternity & sickness entitlement
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Assist in preparing the classroom, receiving children and clearing away
• Assist in planning activities and preparing materials to help the children access the Foundation Stage curriculum
• Lead and support class, group and individual activities, indoors and outdoors, including during teachers PPA time
• Assist in monitoring children's progress, assessing achievement and recording results and observations, sharing outcomes with the class teacher
Interviews will be held on 23rd November 2018.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we support applications from educators from diverse backgrounds seeking flexible working opportunities.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible. Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.