Horley Infant School currently have a vacancy for a play worker in our breakfast & after school club – we also require casuals too
We are looking for someone who:
* Can create an exciting, stimulating and safe environment for pupils attending the clubs
* Can work with our small team to ensure the best provision for pupils both before and after school
* Can initiate and encourage play opportunities for children
* Can relate well and communicate effectively at all levels with other staff members, parents and pupils
* Can engage well with our children
* Has at least 1 years’ experience of working with children in a play-work environment would be an advantage
* Has a play work qualification NVQ level 2 or above is highly desirable
* Has a qualification in play work, first aid and food hygiene (training will be arranged)
* Is able to work independently managing their own workload as well as part of a team
* Is enthusiastic and motivated
We will offer:
* A competitive salary
* A team of friendly and supportive staff who are all committed to the schools continued improvement
* SCC ‘My rewards’ Scheme
Hours of work:
Sunrise club Monday – Friday 7:30 – 9:15am (8.75hrs per week) (pro rata £3598)
Sunset club Wednesday – Friday 3:00 – 6:00pm (9.00hrs per week) (pro rata £3701)
Salary: The job is graded at PS3 (FTE £17663), the pro rata salary is dependant on the role and hours, spread over the whole year, payable monthly in arrears.
Only applications submitted on the school’s application form will be accepted, please contact the school for further information with reference to applying for this vacancy.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain enhanced DBS clearance and the post is subject to satisfactory references.
Horley Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
CLOSING TIME/DATE for receipt of completed application forms:
10am on MONDAY 5th October
Horley Infant School reserves the right to withdraw this vacancy this at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Date for Interviews: Thursday 8th October
Horley Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. All posts advertised are subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).