We are looking for two excellent Teaching Assistants to join Abbey Mead Primary Academy, for the Spring and Summer terms. These roles will work 1:1 with pupils under the guidance of the class teacher and SENDCo to support the delivery of high-quality teaching and learning to help raise standards of achievement.
We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our dedicated and talented EYFS and KS1 support team. The role may also include some general lunch time supervision. Our TA’s work flexibly in that they may sometimes work with different classes or key stages, depending on the needs of the pupils and of the school as a whole.
2 x Temporary Spring & Summer Term contracts – 27.5 hours per week – Maternity Cover
We are looking for:
• Experience of working with children with additional needs
• Enthusiastic and energetic Teaching Assistants to work on a 1:1 basis to undertake interventions specifically designed to close gaps in attainment and progress
• A demonstrable commitment to ensuring all children make excellent progress.
• Individuals who can demonstrate care and compassion for our pupils and their families.
• Team players who can develop excellent relationships across our school community.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work in a school with high academic expectations.
• An opportunity to work with children who are enthusiastic and motivated to learn.
• A school based in a part of the city with a distinct and vibrant cultural identity.
• A dedicated and professional staff to support you.
• An excellent professional network across The Mead Educational Trust.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above (desirable).
• Previous teaching assistant or learning support experience.
• A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
• A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
• The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
• A proactive attitude.
• A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Closing date: Monday 13th December ‘21
Interviews: Thursday 16th December ‘21
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.