Two full-time permanent teachers: EYFS and Lower KS2
Salary: MPS 1 – MPS 3
Full time and Permanent (both posts are suitable for NQTs)
Required from 31st August 2021
Middleton Primary and Nursery is a vibrant, culturally diverse, successful and very friendly school. At our most recent inspection in November 2017, Ofsted judged us to be ‘Good’. The report commented that “pupils are proud of their school. Older pupils speak eloquently about how they are supported to learn and how much they love the school.” We have accreditation as a UNICEF ‘Rights Respecting Schools’, and are the only school in Nottingham to hold the Gold Award. We also hold the International Schools Award. We are fortunate to have extensive grounds providing children with excellent opportunities for outdoor learning and creative play – with the beautiful surroundings of Wollaton Hall and Park on our doorstep too.
There are currently 510 children on roll (and a further 70 in our part-time Nursery). The school will continue to grow over the coming years as we move from two to three-form entry, so there will be additional leadership and development opportunities in the long term for our teachers as the expansion takes place. In September 2021, we will be three-form up to Year 3 and two-form in Years 4-6.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a commitment and passion for education based on the values of respect, dignity, inclusion and non-discrimination that underpin our rights respecting schools’ ethos
- Are energetic, creative practitioners with a commitment to providing high quality and inspiring learning experiences for all children
- Are team players who can work collaboratively and positively with all colleagues
- Have high expectations of themselves and the standards and behaviour of the children they teach
- Have a positive attitude and have a solution-focused approach to challenges
In return, Middleton can offer:
- Happy, friendly and enthusiastic children who enjoy coming to school and learning
- A supportive and vibrant school community
- A caring ethos that values everyone and where good behaviour and respect are a priority
- A team of hardworking, dedicated and very supportive staff with a good sense of humour
- A commitment from school leaders and governors to your well-being and professional development
Find out more about us by visiting our website. Visits to the school (during w/c 19th April) are warmly welcomed and will be carried out in adherence with our current COVID 19 risk assessment. Please contact the school to make an appointment (email address can be found in the 'Apply Now' section.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. These posts are subject to a full DBS disclosure.
Closing date for applications: 9.00am on Monday 26th April
Interviews: tbc on shortlisting
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.