Class teacher - required for autumn term 2021 to cover a maternity leave
in either our F1 or F2 class
This is a full time (27.5 hours per week) position
Main Scale Points 1-6 (£25,714 up to £36,961 FTE) although candidates on the upper pay scale will be considered
Do you want to make a real difference whilst working in an ambitious school, which seeks to broaden the horizons of its children? Are you enthusiastic about creating a vibrant curriculum that is dedicated to providing motivating learning opportunities, setting unashamedly high expectations and offering engaging experiences?
Burford Primary and Nursery school is seeking to appoint an excellent teaching practitioner who has high expectations of pupil progress and a drive for self-development. We are a happy pragmatic and creative team who are passionate about moving everyone forward in their learning – pupils and adults alike! If you are seeking an opportunity to create an inspiring, fun and inclusive learning environment, then we can’t wait to hear from you!
This position is open to both experienced colleagues with excellent subject knowledge and NQTs beginning their teaching career. You will need to demonstrate that you have the potential to become an outstanding practitioner who can motivate and challenge our pupils. You must be committed to working in partnership with our children, parents, governors, partner schools and the wider community.
The position is to cover a maternity leave in either our F1 or F2 class.
You are someone who is:
• Creative, positive and motivating with the drive to ‘go above and beyond’ to provide fun, meaningful and purposeful learning opportunities for your class and in a way that is relevant to our community
• A good practitioner with the potential to become outstanding, who has high expectations and a commitment to continuously raise standards and improve our children’s cultural capital
• Knowledgeable about the EYFS curriculum.
• Able to communicate an inclusive attitude whilst setting high expectations for all learners
• A reflective practitioner who continues to look for ways to improve their practice, and someone who is keen to develop their own practice through our coaching/mentoring approach
• A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills who looks forward to collaborating with our small-but-friendly team
• Confident when working to develop your own inspiring curriculum for your class, accepting that they must work flexibly to evolve their curriculum over time
• Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintainstrong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
In return we offer:
• A primary school committed to becoming outstanding with a vibrant atmosphere and team who are willing go the extra mile to develop a curriculum which responds to the passions of both children and teachers
• A happy, supportive and inclusive school community led by a senior leadership team committed to maintaining the wellbeing of its children and adults
• A supportive, positive and ambitious team who support one another to develop whilst working hard together
• A school who are committed to developing leaders at all levels - children and adults!
• Respectful, well behaved children who care for one another and have high aspirations
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of CPD initiatives at trust and school level
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
You will be joining us at a very exciting time. Ordinarily, we would welcome the opportunity to invite you into our school for a walk round, and an informal cup of tea and a chat, so that we can decide whether we are the school for you, and you are the right teacher for our children!
However, this will not be possible due to COVID restrictions. We will offer a virtual tour for any candidates who are interested. If you are interested in taking up this offer, please email the school’s DHT, Heather Chapleo.
How to apply
Please complete the online application form, which you will find on the Transform Trust website. Your personal statement should outline how your skills would make you a good fit for this role. Any questions or queries should be directed to Sarah Harding.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 28th June 2021.
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education.