St John's Infant School is looking for an EYFS teacher who is passionate about learning and is committed to high quality creative teaching.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, motivated and aspirational teacher to join our team in EYFS in September 2020. This is a part-time role (0.4fte) and will be fixed term for one year.
We are a small Church of England Voluntary Aided Infant School set in the heart of a village in the beautiful Surrey countryside. The pupils are drawn from a wide area; quite a number come from other local communities especially over the border in Hampshire. St John’s maintains good relationships with other infant schools and the junior school it serves. It also plays an important part in the local community and has close links with St John’s Church whose vicar regularly visits the school. St John’s is a happy successful school which received an ‘Outstanding’ OFSTED report in June 2010.
We can offer you:
• A fantastic learning environment with enthusiastic children who want to learn
• A newly refurbished Library, a superb trim trail and outside classroom together with our own sports field adjacent to the village recreation ground giving our children the opportunity to play sports such as cricket and tennis as part of the curriculum.
• Forest School activities for all classes on a weekly basis.
• The opportunity to lead an area of school improvement or a curriculum area
• Significant TA support
• Extensive benefits through Surrey Benefits Scheme
We are looking for:
• A dynamic, pro-active EYFS teacher with a can-do, hands–on approach
• A fantastic teacher who will place children at the heart of learning
• Creative practitioner with proven high standards of teaching and learning
• A reflective teacher who questions and challenges themselves to grow and improve
• A teacher who has excellent classroom management and organisational skills
• A teacher who can build quick and successful relationships with parents and recognise the importance of working closely with them
• A teacher who is proactive, flexible and able to manage change effectively
• Someone who has the ability to work as an integral part of the team and maintain a sense of humour.
Interviews to be held via Zoom.
How to Apply
Please download the Job and Person Specifications together with the Application Form and send your completed application to the school by the closing date.
Applications close at 9 am on 5th June 2020.
St John's C of E Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; this is a commitment which we expect all staff and volunteers to share. The successful candidate will be required to have a Disclosure and Barring Service check in line with the Government's safer recruitment guidelines.
St John's C of E Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.