We are looking to recruit an EYFS Early Years professional: a Nursery lead/ Nursery Teacher. We seek to appoint someone who is enthusiastic, engaging and has a love and knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage. We will accept applications from unqualified teachers (level 6 equivalent) as well as qualified teachers (up to M2). We want to find a candidate who wants to utilise their skills, grow and develop.
Your key responsibilities will include teaching our nursery class, leading our Nursery Teaching Assistants, planning engaging opportunities and learning, effectively managing behaviour and assessing children’s progress to inform next steps.
The successful candidate will work with our highly experienced EYFS leader who teaches in Reception and will support and develop our new Nursery Teacher. You will work together to coordinate planning, resources and progress and will gain regular CPD and lots of opportunities.
Please see the job description and person specification for more information.
Omnia Wantage Primary Academy (née GEMS Wantage Primary Academy) is a new school which opened in September 2020 with a nursery class, one Reception class and a mixed Year 1 / 2 class. It will eventually grow to a 2-form entry primary school of 420 pupils. This is a golden opportunity to help shape and be part of outstanding provision whilst we are still growing.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Salary (based on experience and qualifications)
- A Trust and school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Onsite parking.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
- Exciting development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
We will consider candidates who are unqualified teachers and newly qualified teachers. Candidates must have the following:
- Early Years Professional Status
- Early Years Teacher Status
- A suitable level 6 qualification
- Qualified Teacher Status
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A good knowledge of the Early Years and its means of delivery
- Have worked or trained in Early Years (either Nursery, Pre-school or Reception)
- Understanding of highly effective continuous provision, enhanced provision, targeted teaching and use the ability to assess and move learning on through AfL and questioning
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- An track record of improving pupil outcomes and progress
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Experience to deliver the curriculum
- Resilience and flexibility
The Omnia Learning Trust is committed to ensuring that its workforce is representative of the community it serves. We expect our workforce to include people with disabilities, women, black and ethnic minority people and lesbians and gay men. We are looking for applicants, particularly from the local community, who are committed to our Equal Opportunity Policies.
GEMS Wantage Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.