Post 1 – HLTA
Hours: 5 Hours and 50 minutes per week, term time only
Salary: Hay 8 (£3,507 - £3,869 per annum)
Post 2 – Teaching Assistant
Hours: 23 Hours 50 Minutes per week
Salary: Hay 9 (£12,729 - £14,053 per annum)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and qualified Early Years Teaching Assistant to join our terrific team here at Mangotsfield. It is a very exciting time for our school as we completely revolutionise our Early Years approach and pedagogy to be child-focused, building on the foundation of high standards of achievement that Mangotsfield has always been proud of!
The role will be based in one of our three Reception classes, working alongside the classteacher to deliver high quality, taught input alongside the organisation and arrangement of both indoor and outdoor continuous provision. Alongside this, you will act as a Higher Level Teaching Assistant by teaching the class to provide consistency to allow planning and preparation time for the teacher on two afternoons weekly.
A passion for, qualifications and experience in Early Years approaches and methodology is essential for this post. You will need to illustrate how child-led provision and objective led planning can bring out the best in young people through the illustration of your philosophy for Early Years practice.
Mangotsfield C of E Primary is a happy, vibrant community for all. It is a larger than average school with 630 pupils on role and is a designated Teaching School and English Hub, specialising in the teaching of phonics and early reading.
We are looking for a colleague who:
• Is an excellent practitioner and team player,
• Has the required qualifications and experience of leading whole class and Early Years groups
• Has high expectations for all pupils and themselves, committed to raising achievement
• Enjoys working with young children and models a strong, loving moral compass in their care and safeguarding approaches
• Is motivated by meeting individual needs through exciting and interactive teaching methods and activities
• Has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team,
Our school affords the opportunity to:
• Thrive on the benefits of working in a school with a strong set of school, Christian and moral values that promote care for each other and excellence for all
• Feel welcome and included in our strong community and work in our excellent team to plan and deliver an outstanding Early Years curriculum
• Observe and learn from talented colleagues, both within our own school and the schools that we collaborate with within our Learning2 Partnership
• Work with motivated and articulate learners.
• Work in partnership with supportive parents, carers and governors
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Interview date: Thursday 5th/Friday 6th November, virtually
Please note that if you have not been called for an interview by
5pm on Tuesday 3rd November, then you have not been successful on this occasion.
Closing date for applications is Friday 30th October 2020 at 12 midday.
Mangotsfield Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.