Are you looking for a Term Time role?
Do you have a passion to help children to be the best that they can be?
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring Learning Support Assistant with Early Years' experience to play a key role in supporting with the teaching and welfare of the children’s development.
Wheatfield Primary is a one-form entry, UNICEF Rights Respecting School in Wokingham, Berkshire and is an academy with GLF Schools Academy Trust. We are located in an exceptionally well-resourced building, purpose built for children aged 4 to 11 years. We pride ourselves in being a small school where all children are known, valued and have their individual needs recognised and met.
Through our partnership with GLF, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources and practice across a range of schools.
We grow and learn together each year and our children are integral to the development of the school, its curriculum and the learning environment.
What we are looking for
• Able to assist in preparing the classroom-learning environment
• Lead and support activities, indoors and outdoors to meet the specific needs of children
• Assist in monitoring children's progress, assessing achievement and recording results and observations, sharing outcomes
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
• Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting.
• Must enjoy being outside in our creative play area.
Why work at Wheatfield Primary School
We can offer you:
• The support of GLF schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing and dynamic organisation.
• A supportive, friendly team and a rewarding work environment.
• Confident, enthusiastic and well-behaved children who enjoy learning.
• Excellent professional development opportunities personalised to support your career pathway.
• A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community.
• Recognition of previous school continuous service.
• Enhance maternity and sickness entitlement.
• Career opportunities.
Salary: £13,330 pro rata of £17,322 FTE (Grade 3/4 of GLF support staff pay)
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 3.30pm for 39 weeks per year (term time plus 5 INSET days)
Closing date for applications – 14th June 2020
Interview date – Thursday 18th June 2020 (interviews will be held via video link)
If you would like to find out more information, then please call the school office on 0118-9896950
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.