Job Title: EYFS Phase Leader (Start date January 2021)
Hours: Full time, permanent
Location: Cotgrave Candleby Lane School, Cotgrave, Nottinghamshire
Head Teacher: Caroline Armstrong
Executive Head Teacher: Tony Warsop
Closing Date: Thursday 1st October 2020 @ midday
: Interviews will take place during week beginning Monday 12th October 2020
Cotgrave Candleby Lane School is at the heart of our community and strives to ensure that every child has the support, care, guidance and challenge to be the best they can be. Our fun and engaging approach, mixed with an invigorating environment and ethos, enables staff and pupils to push boundaries to be the very best they can be in all aspects of school life. We value the uniqueness in every child and celebrate this with them. This is mirrored with the staff too as every member of our team has to celebrate and be clear about what makes them unique.
The school is proud of the strong bonds created with our children and families. This careful development is the product of nurture; our drive to develop the school’s seven values and truly going the extra mile for our children and families. The strong bonds are also reflected in our staff team, who have a ‘can do’ approach, care for each other, learn together and work well together as a high performing team. Importantly, we also know how to have fun in what we do. Cotgrave Candleby Lane is a forward thinking school who are proud to be part of the Flying High Partnership.
What we are looking for:
We are actively seeking and excited to find an Early Years leader who has the ability to form outstanding relationships with children and get to the heart of each and every child in their care. We are looking for an enthusiastic leader to take our Early Years provision to the next level of its development. In our Early Years unit, we have a nursery, which offers the 30 hours provision, and a three-form entry Foundation Two.
The successful candidate will enjoy reaching the highest levels of success while creating innovative approaches to Early Years education with our talented children, within a very supportive community of children, parents and professionals. The successful candidate will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team, and will therefore take part in significant strategic decisions. Someone who has high aspirations and is passionate about providing children with the very best opportunities.
We are looking for someone who:
- Promotes high standards of teaching and learning through excellent classroom practice.
- Delights in being with children and puts the children’s well-being before anything else.
- Is going to bring new ideas & energy to a forward facing school that is continuously striving for excellence.
- Is fascinated by the learning process.
- Is on a mission to continually develop themselves as practitioners.
- Loves supporting and inspiring fellow staff and students.
- Sincerely values every member of the school community.
- Believes in each and every child and has high aspirations for their achievement.
- Who has the ability to make learning fun and engaging while ensuring all children are appropriately challenged.
- Enjoys working as part of a supportive team.
- Has the ability to lead and inspire children and staff.
- Experience of successful EYFS teaching is essential.
- A proven track record as an Early Years leader is essential.
- An inspirational leader with drive, ambition and integrity.
What we can offer you:
- A passionate, positive and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of every decision.
- PPA with your year group team and a full induction programme.
- A strong network of schools who support each other and share best practice.
- A commitment to quality CPD as part of the Flying High Trust.
- Significant support through both the Head teacher and the Flying High Trust, ensuring that you will succeed in this role.
- Working in a supportive partnership within and beyond your school, driven by a moral purpose underpinned by our core ethos and value.
- Working within a developmental, not judgemental, school and partnership.
- Engagement with Trust networks to share best practice and learn from others across our partnership.
- An organisation committed to supporting and enabling the wellbeing of all staff
- Extensive leadership development opportunities both working with the Senior Leadership Team and CPD within the Flying High Trust.
If you are keen to be part of our very special team, please request further details.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and actively encouraged (as you can probably tell we are extremely proud of our children and school). By visiting the school prior to applying, you will get a real feel for the place and be able to ask further questions, so please do phone for an appointment O115 989 2284 or book on using the booking system under the vacancies section on the website.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, therefore all positions are offered subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and references confirming your suitability to work with children.