Are you passionate about the Early Years?
Cobden Primary School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, reliable and passionate Early Years Teacher. This is a great opportunity to work with a dedicated team to develop and promote an exciting learning environment.
This is a full-time fixed term contract role. We are looking for a candidate who will work well as part team, is self-motivated, can direct support staff effectively and always puts the needs of the children first.
The successful candidate will be willing and committed to developing and sharing outstanding teaching practice and be passionate about the children's learning, personal development and welfare.
We will offer you support to develop your skills and knowledge through training and you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities in a team approach.
About Cobden Primary School
Cobden is a two-form entry primary school, situated in the heart of Loughborough. We want children to be happy and confident lifelong learners. We set high expectations academically and socially and provide a nurturing environment to develop a caring attitude where wellbeing is at the heart of what we do.
Therefore, we want our school to be a place where:
- everyone feels safe, cared for, valued, respected and included;
- all children are given the skills and opportunities to be independent and collaborative learners in a happy, structured, stimulating environment;
- expectations are high, both collectively and individually;
- all children are equipped with the knowledge and skills to choose a healthy, active lifestyle;
- teachers provide school days that excite, challenge and motivate each child;
- our behaviour policy is simple, fair, and consistent;
- everyone is valued and respected regardless of gender, race, age, religion, any other protected characteristics or ability;
- goals and targets are clearly defined and explained and achievements are celebrated; we prepare all our children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life and equip them to achieve the highest standards possible in everything they do.
What we are looking for in a class teacher – someone who is:
- willing and committed to developing and sharing outstanding teaching practice in the Foundation setting
- passionate about teaching at primary level
- committed to a child-led approach to teaching and learning
- committed to ensuring that all children achieve their very best
- able to work in partnership with children, parents, staff, trustees and the wider community
- able to challenge children to achieve beyond their expectations
- able to confidently support and develop ‘in the moment learning’
- able to provide stimulating and engaging experiences for our children and support them in becoming lifelong learner
- committed to promoting equality and celebrating diversity.
- familiar with the RWI program
- familiar with the use of Tapestry to further develop our learning journey approaches within and across the setting
Why work at Cobden Primary School?
- An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of the local community
- We can offer you pupils who are curious, keen and enthusiastic to learn
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast-growing community with excellent transport links
- We have an inclusive, nurturing culture and an ethos that recognises the contribution of every member of the school community
- We have committed, enthusiastic and supportive colleagues who are open to new ideas and strive for excellence through continuous professional dialogue
- We have an ambitious and highly motivated senior leadership team
- Excellent CPD opportunities
Salary: Main Pay Range
Hours of work: Full time, fixed term contract, with the possibility of extension.
Start Date: August 2021
Closing date for applications: 18th June 2021 noon
Interview date: 22nd June 2021
Cobden Primary School and Community Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.