EYFS Teacher - Low Road Primary School
Are you passionate about Early Years Foundation Stage Education?
Low Road and Windmill Federation require an enthusiastic and committed EYFS Teacher to start April 2022 in our Reception class. The post would suit both experienced teachers wishing to broaden their experience, or an ambitious and energetic NQT/ECT.
Our schools are rated “Good” by OfSTED and we believe we are on an improving trajectory.
Low Road ‘You, your senior team and staff are dedicated to ensuring that all pupils do well and receive the very best’ Ofsted May 2018
Windmill ‘Staff morale is high. You have invested time and resources to enable your staff to develop their skills and confidence’ Ofsted October 2018
Low Road and Windmill Primary schools are federated sharing an Executive Headteacher, Staff and Governing Body. Both schools are located in the south of the city of Leeds. We are Local Authority Community Schools committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve personal and academic success through a carefully crafted curriculum, celebrating fundamental British values and ensuring excellence through pride, effort and an aspirational vision. We also work in close partnership with Opera North to provide the incredible opportunity for all our pupils to have professional choral and instrumental tuition, and an opportunity to perform in some of the most prestigious venues imaginable.
We are seeking:
• An excellent classroom practitioner with a thorough understanding of EYFS and a commitment to the highest standards of teaching and learning
• Practitioners who have high expectations of children’s achievement, progress and social development
• Practitioners who want to work in a school with a genuine commitment to inclusion and equal opportunities
• Practitioners who have highly effective communication skills with children, parents, colleagues and the wider community
• Practitioners who can work closely with a range of colleagues including our highly effective Teaching Assistant team
• A team player who will embrace the needs of a rapidly improving school
We are offering:
• Children who are well behaved, enthusiastic and enjoy their learning
• A school on a positive learning journey of improvement and expansion
• A caring, supportive & friendly school with innovative ideas and supportive staff
• A commitment to your professional development
• Regular PPA time and additional NQT/ECT time if appointed as an NQT/ECT
• An extensive NQT/ECT support package
• A comprehensive CPD programme with opportunities for career progression.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged. Please contact Andy Cook to make an appointment. Tel: 0113-2712115
To apply please download the application form and email to Andy.
Closing date: Monday 7th February 2022
Interviews: Week commencing 14th February
An interview offer is subject to a successful lesson observation
Low Road and Windmill Music Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The details of the DBS Code of Conduct can be found in the how to apply section.
We support diversity and want a workforce that which reflects the population of Leeds.
This role is based in the UK. Employment is conditional on confirmation of the right to work in the UK - either as a UK or Irish citizen, under the EU Settlement scheme or having secured any other relevant work visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and the role does not meet eligibility for sponsorship, please consider carefully whether you meet the eligibility to apply.
Windmill and Low Road Music Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.