An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at St Mary's Church of England Primary School in Twickenham. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities. The successful candidate will have a relevant Level 3 qualification and will, ideally, have experience of working with children in an Early Years setting. The role will involve assisting the teacher in the management of the class and work with pupils to undertake programmes of work, care and support.
St Mary's is a popular and inclusive school split over three sites in central Twickenham with a caring Christian ethos.
Salary: £18,521pa to £19,539pa depending upon experience (£22,377 to £23,607 full time equivalent)
Contract type: 35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term time only)
Working Hours: 8:15 - 3:45
Contract Term: Permanent
- Working in one of our three Reception classes
- Accompanying groups on trips.
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Term-time hours
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- Pension Scheme.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- Relevant Level 3 Qualification
- ability to work on their own initiative.
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- the ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- a can-do attitude.
- a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Visits are warmly welcomed at St Mary's. If you would like to come and look around our site and setting we have the following dates available:
Friday 14th February 10:00am to 12:00pm
Wednesday 26th February 1:30pm to 2:30pm
To arrange a visit, please contact Simon Minty at our Middle site on Strafford Road.
Interviews will be held week commencing 2nd March 2020
Find out more about our school by visiting our website.
St Mary’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be expected to complete an enhanced DBS check and to disclose any relevant information in relation to Disqualification by Association.