An aspirational school where children are equipped with the knowledge, skills and values to thrive academically and socially, and develop the self-belief to embrace their future lives with confidence as God intended them to.
Fixed-Term EYFS Teaching Assistant Vacancy
35 hours term time only
Initially ASAP until July 2021
Salary: Experience-related Surrey Pay Scale PS3 £17663 - £18607 pro rata
An experienced, enthusiastic, motivated EYFS Teaching Assistant required.
The children, staff, governors and parents of St Peter & St Paul Infant School wish to recruit an outstanding teaching assistant who is committed to providing pupils with ambition and a love of learning whilst supporting pupils to develop the communication skills, courage and resilience that they need to embrace their future lives with confidence.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Holds a Level 2 or 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education, or other relevant qualification in nursery work or childcare (or is willing to work towards a qualification if it is not already held)
- Is qualified to GCSE level in English and Maths and is competent in IT
- Has a secure understanding of the Early Years Curriculum and understands the importance and benefits of learning through play
- Has the ability to run intervention programmes and plan and deliver phonics sessions for individuals or small groups
- Has skills and expertise in understanding the needs of all pupils including those with SEND or those with other barriers to learning
- Has high expectations of children’s achievement, progress and behaviour
- Is a pro-active team member
- Is able to build relationship with parents, staff and children
- Will respect and maintain confidentiality
- Is committed to promoting the ethos and values of the school
We can offer:
- A caring and inclusive Christian community
- A Headteacher committed to ensuring staff well-being and reducing workload
- A well-resourced school in a beautiful environment with lots of opportunities for outdoor learning
- Enthusiastic and happy children
- A team of committed, experienced and supportive staff
- A wide range of staff development opportunities
- Collaborative working with local Surrey and Church schools
- Hard working and involved Governors
- Supportive parents and an active PTA
We welcome questions so that you can get a feel for our wonderful school. Please call 01883-343299 to arrange a telephone appointment with the Headteacher, Rosie Burgess.
Closing date: Monday 2nd November
Interviews to take place Thursday 5th November
Due to the current situation, we are reviewing our recruitment process and arrangements will be made for interviews to take place safely.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.