EYFS Teaching Assistant required to start as soon as possible (32.5 hours)
We are looking for an energetic and happy person to work in our busy Reception and nursery classrooms working alongside a team of Early Years staff to support children with specialised learning needs. Some of this time will be 1-1, caring for the children with little communication and supporting learning in a sensory way. It will be necessary to read around autism.
• To work as part of a team, supporting colleagues to deliver the EYFS Curriculum in a very practical way
• To support play and learning in the classroom following planning and adapting learning to suit the needs of the pupils
• To attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters
• To supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning
• To establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
• To promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
• To prepare and deliver small group sessions including Read Write Inc. phonic
• Be committed to the safeguarding of children.
• Support the ethos of this Church of England School.
• Be adaptable and able to work on own initiative.
Please read the attached job description for a full range of duties.
As a school we can offer:
• An opportunity to work in a large, improving primary school.
• Friendly children.
• An opportunity to make a difference to the lives of our children.
Due to Covid-19, visits to the school cannot take place, please visit our website for more information about the school.
To apply for this position, please download and complete the application form attached.
Interviews will take place during the week beginning 16th March 2021.
Middleton St Mary's Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
All members of staff will be subject to an enhanced DBS check being carried out prior to starting the position.