Epsom Primary and Nursery School are looking for a Temporary EYFS Teaching Assistant to cover a member of our EYFS Support staff who is being redeployed as part of our Covid Catch up Programme. This is a temporary role to start ASAP until 17th December 2021 with the possibility of an extension. (Funding permitted).
STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD - COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM.
At Epsom Primary & Nursery School (EPS) ‘Every Person Shines’ as we nurture individuals talents and create an environment where staff wellbeing and professional development are key to our success.
We are an innovative and forward thinking school rated ‘Good’. Ofsted Inspection July 2019. We wish to attract the most ambitious teaching and support staff.
Our Head Teacher urges all potential candidates visit Epsom Primary & Nursery School to get a full flavour of our environment so you can understand how you will be best equipped to flourish at our school. We can conduct these in a COVID-secure way. We look forward to hearing from you to request a school tour and have an opportunity to share our values and vision with you in person. If you would like to arrange a visit please contact the HR Manager.
EYFS Teaching Assistant
• Hours: 32.5 hours per week. 8.30am – 3.30pm (including 30 mins unpaid lunchbreak)
• Weeks: Term Time Only
• Salary Scale: Surrey S5 (full time equivalent £21,943 -£24,184) Salary on appointment is dependent on experience and qualifications
• Actual Salary: Pro Rata from £16,605 (S5.1 FTE £21,943)
• Duration: Temporary to 17th December 2021, with the possibility of an extension
• Closing Date: Tuesday 4th May (midnight)
• Interviews: Monday 10th May 2021.
Do you have what it takes to make a significant contribution to our school?
• We are looking for a committed and friendly individual to join our supportive and experienced team
• The successful candidate will be highly motivated, enthusiastic and able to demonstrate the following qualities require to be effective in this important role, friendly, fair, flexible, proactive, confident and positive
• Candidates must enjoy working with children and be able to use their initiative
• Experience of using Tapestry an advantage
• Experience of working with Nursery aged children an advantage
• Candidates must have a minimum NVQ Level 3 in Early Years Education or equivalent (relevant to EYFS)
A full person specification and job description are available to download from the e-teach website.
The interview process will include a task and interview. The panel will include the Headteacher and Deputy Head, EYFS Specialist Leader of Education.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a particularly strong candidate. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Epsom Primary and Nursery School is a forward thinking and innovative school, with ambition and educational excellence at the core of its values.
The school has excellent facilities including a high tech library and a nurture room. We have a Family Centre on site and currently have 526 children on roll.
We are proud of our diversity and work hard to ensure that we offer an inclusive and supportive environment for all of our children. Our children’s learning, development and wellbeing are at the heart of everything we do.
We cannot accept CVs. This post requires an Enhanced DBS disclosure and all relevant safeguarding checks. Epsom Primary & Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We promote diversity and want a workforce, which reflects the population of our community.
Epsom Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.