TEACHING ASSISTANT x 2 – permanent contract term time only
BG8 - £17,304
Required from 1st September 2021
32.5 hours / week – (Monday – Friday 8:30am - 3:30pm with 30 minutes daily lunch break)
We are looking for two creative, enthusiastic, committed people, with good interpersonal skills, to work as a Teaching Assistant, in our Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). One vacancy is in our Nursery working across our provision for 2, 3 and 4 year olds and the other is in one of our reception classes.
The role would involve working under the direction of the EYFS leader to provide support for learning activities in the educational and social development of the children within the classroom. You will work with small groups as well as individual children to ensure all make expected progress in all areas of the EYFS; we are early adopters of the new EYFS framework.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working in an EYFS class;
- Understand the needs of EYFS age children and have a working knowledge of the EYFS curriculum and its assessment;
- Be committed to continued professional development and have already gained a NVQ 2 or equivalent in childcare and education and at least grade C or equivalent in GCSE English and Maths;
- Embrace our inclusive ethos whilst maintaining high expectations for behaviour
- Be committed to building and maintaining positive relationships
- Have an excellent health record and be physically fit;
- Be a team player with good communication skills.
- A supportive, friendly and hardworking staff team
- A school that is committed to seeing all children flourish
- Supportive parents and governors
- Children and staff who enjoy learning together
- A commitment to your own professional development
If you are someone who puts children at the heart of learning, encourages innovation, is nurturing and sees challenges as opportunities then please contact Michele Daniels, Office Manager on (0117)-9031447 to arrange a telephone call to the school. Pre-booked telephone calls to the school prior to application are encouraged. The following dates and times are available: -
Tuesday 11th May between 11:30am and 12:30pm, Thursday 20th May between 1:15pm and 2:15pm, Wednesday 26th May between 9:15am and 10:15am.
To apply, please complete the Bristol City Council application form, on the e-teach website.
Closing date: Thursday 10th June 2021 (3pm)
Interviews: Tuesday 15th June 2021 Will be held in person at Shirehampton Primary School.
Shirehampton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including a health check, an enhanced DBS check and two satisfactory references which are gathered prior to the selection stage.
Shirehampton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including a health check, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references which are gathered prior to the selection stage.