Multi Academy Trust: St Christopher's
Place of work: St Matthews C of E Primary & Nursery Academy, Peregrine Rd, Derriford, Plymouth, PL65FN
Pupils on roll: 412 rising to 500 plus Nursery
Job term: Permanent
Start: September 2019
Appointment type: Full time
EYFS Year Leader
Scale – MPS/ UPS and possible acceleration up the pay scale for the right candidate.
Would you like to work in a new, purpose built and rapidly expanding primary school in Plymouth’s Ocean City? St Matthew's C of E Primary & Nursery Academy is seeking to appoint an EYFS Year Leader to our growing leadership team.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead our EYFS phase which comprises three reception classes and a Nursery class. You will be responsible for the day to day leadership of this phase. This is a rare opportunity to help shape and develop dedicated EYFS provision in a purpose built provision. This is an exciting chance to take the next steps in your leadership journey through leading a team and impacting on whole school development.
Working as part of St Christopher’s Multi Academy Trust this is an opportunity to help shape the future development of our school as we grow to become a three form entry primary school within a new housing development. As part of St Christopher's Trust, we can offer a range of professional development opportunities whatever your career stage and we are looking for a leader that will relish a challenge, stand out from the crowd and really want to make a difference. As a large multi academy trust we will be able to support you in achieving your long term career goals and aspirations.
- A welcoming, nurturing school with a strong ethos and set of values that underpin all that we do
- Children who are happy and motivated to learn and a supportive and welcoming staff team
- The opportunity to work in a brand new school, with spacious grounds within Plymouth’s Ocean city
- An exciting role within our growing organisation with opportunities for future career development within our own school and across our family of 16 schools
The successful candidate will:
- Believe in lighting fires and not filling buckets!
- Have a clear understanding of effective EYFS provision and practice, underpinned by a sound pedagogy
- Be able to see the big picture of children’s learning and progress throughout the school
- Be an inspiration and engaging leader able to model and develop the practice of others through setting high expectations and a passion for EYFS
- Have leadership skills that will enable staff to flourish and pupils to reach their potential underpinned by a strong personal philosophy and clear pedagogical subject knowledge
- Be happy to support the Church of England ethos of our school through our school values
- High expectations of themselves and pupils with a positive, can do and proactive nature
- A commitment to developing an engaging and exciting curriculum based on practical and first hand learning experiences, within and beyond the classroom making the most of our school grounds and local learning resources
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
Visits to the school are encouraged, to arrange a visit, please phone the school.
Applications should be submitted by Friday 26th April 9 am.
A copy of the job description and an application form can be found on the school website.
St Matthew's CofE Primary & Nursery Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.