Salary: G8, £25,991 per annum, rising to £28,672 per annum
through annual increments
Hours: 37 per week, all year round
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Facilities/Site Manager to be responsible for all aspects of facilities management at Winterbourne Academy.
Facilities management will include safety, security, cleanliness, porterage, monitoring contracts/contractors, maintenance and refurbishment and supervision of premises staff (4 caretakers and 5 lunchbreak supervisors).
The role of Facilities/Site Manager is key to the smooth running of the school. The successful candidate will:
• hold a Health and Safety qualification – IOSH/NEBOSH (or willingness to obtain within 6 months)
• have facilities management experience in a school, college, academy, university or educational setting (desirable).
• hold relevant qualifications or experience in a trade or technical background (electrical, engineering, mechanical or plumbing)
• have hands on experience of buildings and grounds maintenance.
• have strong project management skills and experience of planned maintenance work.
• have the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
• have the ability and experience of working collaboratively and to deadlines.
• have a working knowledge of Risk Assurance and Health and Safety Management covering such areas as Managing Contractors, Fire Safety and COSHH regulations.
• have a basic understanding of alarm and heating systems
• be a natural leader and communicator with previous line management experience.
• have the ability to implement effective appraisal and performance management and act on any issues that arise from the reviews.
• have high expectations of yourself and your team. Knowing when to support and
when to challenge.
• Be competent in the use of MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
They will also need to be fit and able to cope with physically challenging duties as well as being trustworthy and competent to take responsibility.
Please refer to the candidate information document attached for further information about the role.
What we Offer:
• An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability or starting point
• Collaborative working within our shared family of Schools
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Onsite parking
• Employee benefits such as cycle scheme, discounted gym membership and employer contributing Pension Scheme
• Fantastic facilities
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an OAT Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. We encourage you to browse our website to obtain more information about working for The Olympus Academy Trust at Winterbourne Academy. If you would like an informal discussion about this post prior to submitting an application then please contact Joe Ryan, Trust Operations Manager on O1454 822179.
Closing Date: Sunday, 6th December 2020 - We recommend early applications as the academy reserves the right to close the advert prior to the stated deadline date
Interview Date: TBC
The Olympus Academy Trust - Winterbourne Academy is committed to creating a dynamic and diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their age, gender, disability, age, race or ethnicity, sexual orientation or faith. We have procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
The Olympus Academy Trust - Winterbourne Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff, volunteers and candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment. Suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. Where given permission to do so, references will be requested for shortlisted candidates prior to interview. Candidates attending an interview should expect the interview panel to explore issues relating to safeguarding and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.