Salary: G7, £29,577 per annum, rising to £32,234 per annum through annual increments
Hours: 37 per week, all year round
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint a highly experienced and skilled Site/Facilities Manager to be responsible for all aspects of facilities management at Winterbourne Academy.
The role of Site/Facilities Manager is key to the smooth running of three school sites (main academy, Sports Village and Winterbourne Academy playing field) and related functions. Facilities management will include safety, security, cleanliness, porterage, monitoring contracts/contractors, maintenance and refurbishment. It will also include the management and development of the site team (4 caretakers and 5 lunchbreak supervisors), to ensure that high standards and contributions to the aims of the academy are met.
The post-holder will report into the Business Manager, and will be required to deputise in their absence for Health and Safety across the academy sites.
This is the ideal opportunity for someone looking to develop as the post-holder will also be required to provide Health and Safety Support across Olympus Academy Trust secondary schools and provide additional project management support across the trust, from time to time, as directed by the Trust Operations Manager.
The successful candidate will:
• hold a Health and Safety qualification – IOSH/NEBOSH (or willingness to obtain within 6 months)
• have facilities management experience in a school, college, academy, university or educational setting – with experience of supporting multiple sites (desirable)
• hold relevant qualifications or experience in a trade or technical background
• have hands on experience of buildings and grounds maintenance.
• have strong project management skills and experience of planned maintenance work.
• have the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
• have the ability and experience of working collaboratively and to deadlines.
• have a working knowledge of Risk Assurance and Health and Safety Management covering such areas as managing contractors, Fire Safety and COSHH regulations.
• have a basic understanding of alarm and heating systems
• be a natural leader and communicator with previous line management experience.
• have the ability to implement effective appraisal and performance management and act on any issues that arise from the reviews.
• have high expectations of yourself and your team. Knowing when to support and
when to challenge.
• Be competent in the use of MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
They will also need to be fit and able to cope with physically challenging duties as well as being trustworthy and competent to take responsibility.
Please refer to the candidate information document attached for further information about the role.
What we Offer:
• An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability or starting point
• Collaborative working within our shared family of Schools
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Onsite parking
• Employee benefits such as cycle scheme, discounted gym membership and employer contributing Pension Scheme
• Fantastic facilities
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an OAT Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. We encourage you to browse our website to obtain more information about working for The Olympus Academy Trust at Winterbourne Academy. If you would like an informal discussion about this post prior to submitting an application then please contact Joe Ryan, Trust Operations Manager on O1454 822179.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 21st April 2021- We recommend early applications as the academy reserves the right to close the advert prior to the stated deadline date
Interview Date: TBC
The Olympus Academy Trust - Winterbourne Academy is committed to creating a dynamic and diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their age, gender, disability, age, race or ethnicity, sexual orientation or faith. We have procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.