About The Priory Learning Trust:
The Priory Learning Trust is a Multi-Academy Trust which supports primary and secondary schools in the South West of England. The PLT grew from a passion to bring the power of partnership and sharing to bear and provide a first-class education to a wide range of children, of all abilities and social class groupings, in Weston-super-Mare and Highbridge. Our values at The Priory Learning Trust are Students First, Cherishing Staff.
New Vacancy at Worle Community School – An Academy:
Following the retirement of our current Facilities Manager, we are seeking to appoint an experienced, positive and solution focused individual to pro-actively manage the security, care and availability of the entire school site, the buildings, furniture, fittings, equipment and plant to ensure a well maintained and safe physical environment for our students to thrive in. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a great deal of pride, passion and vision in taking responsibility for the development and improvements of the school buildings and grounds as they lead and motivate a team and are able to prioritise tasks. We are looking for a strategic leader who will be able to identify and manage project upgrades and all aspects of health and safety. This is a key role within the school and relies on close working relationships with the Operations Manager as well as the Trust’s Head of Estates and Compliance.
The role will be working full time (37 hours per week), all year round. This is a permanent position required from May 2021.
Applicants are required to demonstrate:
• Evidence of a relevant qualification specific to the role;
• Experience of Project Management, from conception of ideas to roll out including taking responsibility for budgets, tendering and timelines;
• Experience of leading and managing a small team of facilities staff;
• A working knowledge and awareness of health and safety practices and policies;
• A practical approach to problem solving;
• Ability to respond calmly and swiftly to emergencies;
• Coordinating with the management team to ensure legal compliance of facilities, equipment and operations;
• Assist with strategic planning and capital expenditure plans;
• Use initiative and be flexible to meet the needs of the school;
We can offer you:
• A welcoming and positive school that has high ambitions for all learners;
• Students who are respectful and keen to learn;
• A supportive and forward thinking Leadership team;
• A commitment to professional development and wellbeing;
• A dynamic and hardworking team of staff that are dedicated to improving outcomes for Students.
Benefits of working for The Priory Learning Trust:
• Employee Assistance Programme
• CPD opportunities
• Free onsite parking
• Highly competitive salaries which are reviewed annually
• Discounted gym membership at our Academies
• Discounted Nursery fees at our Academy pre schools
• Pension Scheme
• Flu Jabs
• 22 Days Annual leave (plus Bank Holidays and 2 Baker Days)
• 2 week October half term for Teaching Staff
• Amazing career progression and opportunities
• Regular social events
• Employee Benefits Platform
• Cycle to work scheme
Early applications are encouraged as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
Please read the job description and person specification carefully. CVs will not be accepted and all application forms must be completed in full.
Worle Community School – An Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.