Family and Community Worker
Would you like to work somewhere dedicated to Early Years education with care? Somewhere committed to your professional development? A place of learning and development for all with great opportunities?
If your answer is yes then we are the right place for you. Guildford Nursery School and Family Centre is looking for a Family and Community Worker to start working with us in September 2021 until August 2022.
The post is a brand new one. The successful candidate will work across the family centre and the nursery school. The post is mornings only, term time only, actual hours are negotiable.
We are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced person who is:
• Positive, flexible, responsible and with a passion for Early Years Education
• Interested in Froebelian principles and pedagogy
• Keen to make a real impact
• A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to work in partnership with parents and carers
• Able to lead high quality groups for families.
We can offer:
• The opportunity to support families in order that all children have the best start
• The opportunity to support nursery-aged children with additional needs
• A positive, friendly and supportive team of staff and governors
• Great resources and facilities
• Excellent professional development opportunities
• The chance to work with children and families who are fantastic.
Conversations are welcomed for all serious candidates. To make an appointment please call the school.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and references.
Salary scale: PS6 £24,780- £27,317 FTE pro rata
Closing date: 5pm, Monday 5 July 2021
Interviews will be held on 15 July 2021
Guildford Nursery School and Family Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.