Family Engagement Lead
Eton Dorney Independent Therapeutic School is a nurturing and friendly school where each person is valued and respected as an individual. We provide our young people with a broad and balanced education in a calm, safe and understanding setting in order for them to progress and succeed. We restore confidence in our young people in an inspiring learning culture. All our young people are provided with opportunities and experiences to be encouraged, supported and challenged, as they develop the love of learning. All the young people in the school have complex learning and behavioural needs and all have Education, Health and Care plans that are met through the careful planning and delivery of a broad and balanced curriculum.
The Family Engagement Lead is responsible for parental engagement and involvement, including monthly parent meetings (where relevant), parent training sessions, and developing the schools Leading Parent Partnership Award. Providing education to families relating to topics such as parenting, effective discipline, supporting children’s development through learning activities at home, supporting children’s education through engagement with the school, budgeting, household management, safety, and other family issues as necessary.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£28,000.00 per year
- Promote diversity across family structure
- Understand effective relationship building practices with parents, families, children and professionals.
- Provide crisis intervention where appropriate with the understanding that each family has unique strengths and resilience.
- Model appropriate advocacy skills for parents in working with community agencies, professionals, and schools.
- Maintain a working knowledge of community resources. Build liaisons with other community agencies and be up to date with current trends in social services.
- Work collaboratively and use an interdisciplinary approach to provide comprehensive, integrated services for children and their families.
- Comply and maintain family case records of services provided.
- Work collaboratively with families and other community agencies to provide a full system of care to meet the service needs of the family. Assure that the family is able to access resources and appropriate follow up is made.
Experience / Skills:
- Knowledge of community resources and how to access services for children and families.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of standard record keeping including progress notes and maintenance of required documentation.
- Must be able to work with a low income, culturally and linguistically diverse population.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Must provide evidence of reliable, insured transportation available for travel during working hours.
- Driver must provide evidence of a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Family Studies or a Related Field.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able demonstrate the passion, skill, and competence necessary to contribute to each families’ development.
- Must have experience working with disadvantaged populations.
- Must be able to travel within the community (i.e., parents’ homes, children’s homes, community agencies
Eton Dorney Independent Therapeutic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.