RHONDDA CYNON TAF COUNCIL
GWAUNMEISGYN PRIMARY SCHOOL
FAMILY ENGAGEMENT OFFICER
30 hours per week – £24,491 X 70.91%
Required as soon as possible
The Governors at Gwaunmeisgyn Primary School wish to appoint an outstanding and inspirational practitioner to the post of Family Engagement Officer on a permanent basis.
Gwaunmeisgyn Primary School is a successful school serving the community of Beddau within RCT. The school is within easy travelling distance from Cardiff and the valleys and has an excellent reputation for providing high quality education for all pupils. The school caters for pupils aged 3 to 11 with 339 pupils on roll.
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, well-motivated, articulate, resourceful and effective individual with previous experience of delivering effective provision and dynamic support to children and families. This outstanding practitioner will work in close partnership with families and professionals to deliver a wide range of services which meet the needs of our pupils. You will provide advice and support to vulnerable pupils and their families as well as having significant responsibility for safeguarding and attendance.
This is a newly created post and the appointed post-holder will be able to nurture and develop this role within a supportive team of professionals. We are looking for applicants that have:
● outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
● sustained and successful experience of working with families
● a high degree of resilience to be able to deal with a range of challenging circumstances
● a good knowledge of Child Protection and Safeguarding
● proven ability to be able to work flexibly within a team
● proven ability to support children’s learning in ensuring children make progress
Gwaunmeisgyn Primary School can offer you:
● Excellent professional development
● The support of committed, enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues
● A supportive and challenging environment
● Pupils who are eager to learn and a credit to the school
● Supportive parents
The closing date for application is Friday 2nd October 2020 at 12 noon
Gwaunmeisgyn Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.