Abercanaid Community School
Family Liaison Officer
30 hours per week (initially a 1 year contract)
Grade 4 SCP 13-17 £22,021-£23,836 Pro Rata
= 70.60% of £22,021 = £15,546.82
Working as part of our Pastoral Support Team under the direction of the Headteacher, the FLO will be the first point of contact for parents/carers and staff on a daily basis. They will work with all stakeholders of the school and outside agencies to improve outcomes for our pupils.
The successful candidate will:
• Have excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• Have proven experience and ability to establish and foster strong relationships with parents/carers
• Engage parents in preventative and early intervention activities to support learning
• Have experience of and be prepared to lead workshops
• Be aware of the impact of their role on the children’s learning
• Be committed to school’s Vision and Values.
Our children deserve the very best, so the successful candidate will:
• Have a commitment and determination to champion our children to meet their potential
• Be willing to go above and beyond for the sake of our children and our school
• Demonstrate pride in themselves, their work and how they help children to learn
• Bring joy to our school team and the wider school community
In return, we can offer:
• Amazing children, who are very well behaved, enthusiastic and keen learners
• A hugely supportive, committed and friendly staff team, leadership, parents and Governing Body
• A commitment to staff Continued Professional and Learning Development and their wellbeing
• A wide range of resources and a team approach
• Opportunities for career progression.
This role includes attending meetings both with school staff and external agencies regarding the welfare and safeguarding of our pupils, acting as lead professional when required. They will manage and monitor any referrals to outside agencies ensuring that accurate records are kept and signpost our families/carers/staff to support agencies.
This is a demanding but rewarding role which puts the FLO at the very heart of our school. It is essential that the successful candidate can effectively deal with difficult and sensitive situations while adhering to the School’s Safeguarding and Confidentiality Policies.
Previous experience of working within a school and knowledge of multi-agency working is essential. Thrive /ELSA accreditation is also desirable.
The post is to start asap will be full-time (30 hours per week over five days), term time and INSET days only (45.4 weeks per year). Hours during the week may vary weekly depending on the needs of the school and families.
Closing Date: Thursday 21st November
Interviews: Wednesday 4th December
Abercanaid Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.