Contract: Full Time and Permanent
(Term time only plus all INSET days)
Hours: 37 hours per week; 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am-4pm on Fridays (with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break)
Salary: BG9 scale points 17-21: £24,799 - £26,999 pro rata (actual salary £21,592 - £23,507)
We are looking to appoint someone who is committed to supporting pupils and their families.
The purpose of the Family Link and Pastoral Support Worker is to work alongside the school’s SLT, teachers and support staff team with pupils in need of specific emotional support and their families. The underpinning value of the work is to ensure that every pupil achieves their potential through the provision of targeted support, signposting to services and intervention. Under the direction of the Head of School, Senior Leadership Team and SENCO, the Family Link and Pastoral Support Worker will contribute to all aspects of pupils’ well-being and achievement, ensuring attendance is of a high priority.
This will involve a primary focus on ensuring that every child achieves their learning potential and that they feel safe and supported in school.
We are looking for someone who:
• is warm and approachable
• hard-working and can demonstrate an ability to use their own initiative
• can promote parents’ and families’ appreciation of the importance of education and learning
• will work to encourage good relationships and positive dialogue between parents and school to develop mutual respect, understanding and confidence
We can offer:
• a committed and friendly team aiming for excellence
• children who are well behaved, happy and eager to learn
• a commitment to high quality professional development
• a supportive and encouraging Senior Leadership Team and Board of Trustees
Previous experience of supporting vulnerable families and children will be an advantage.
Please see the attached job description for additional information and the details about the post.
If you have any questions relating to this vacancy, please email Jo Parmenter. Contact details can be located within the attached 'Advertisement' document; please ensure that you direct all queries to this email address and no other.
Closing date: Sunday 9th August 2020 at midnight
Interview date: Tuesday 25th August 2020
Start date: September 2020